Kirk Cameron

Blasted by GLAAD

Over Gay Marriage Comments

3/3/2012 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303_Kirk-Cameron_glaad_ex
Kirk Cameron's comments to Piers Morgan on gay marriage are not sitting well with the folks at GLAAD ... who think the former "Growing Pains" star "sounds even more dated than his 1980s TV character."

Cameron said during last night's show that he does not support gay marriage, and when it comes to homosexuality in general ... he said, "I think that it's ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

Herndon Graddick, Senior Director of Programs at GLAAD, tells TMZ he feels Cameron, a Born Again Christian, is "out of step with a vast majority of Americans, particularly people of faith who believe that their gay and lesbian brothers and sisters should be loved and accepted based on their character and not condemned because of their sexual orientation."

A GLAAD spokesman says they plan on monitoring Cameron's media bookings and various acting gigs to ensure "the news and entertainment industry is aware of his outrageous anti-gay views."

shadow_man

This was taken from another poster that shows why we need to legalize gay marriage. If you don't feel for this person after reading it, you simply aren't human.

"I am not sure what our President thinks of this dicission but coming from a poor family and knowing what discrimination is all about I would assume he would not care if "Gays" have equal rights. The whole reason why they are asking for rights to be considered married is from the same reason why I would be for it. My own life partner commited suicide in our home with a gun to his heart. After a 28 year union I was deprived to even go his funeral. We had two plots next to each other. But because we did not have a marriage cirtificate "(Legal Do***ent)" of our union his mother had him cremated and his ashes taken back to Missouri where we came from. That is only one example how painful it is. His suicide tramatized me so much and her disregard for my feelings only added to my heartach. That happened on March 21 of 2007 and I still cannot type this without crying for the trauma I have to endure each day. Oh did I mention I am in an electric wheelchair for life? Yes I am and it is very diffacult to find another mate when you are 58 and in a wheelchair. "

shadow_man

Dmundy

I think it's a shame that people think that because you don't have the same belief that they do, you hate them. Just because Kirk doesn't think that homosexuality is right, doesn't mean that he hates the Homosexual. Some of us would rather be right with God than go along with the crowd. I appaud him for standing for what the bible says. Christians are constantly being bashed for our beliefs but expect to love whatever sins. We also don't believe in Adultry, murder,incest etc.... Doesn't mean that we don't love and forgive the person who commits those sins. Nor does it mean that we're perfect either or that we don't struggle in those same areas... The Bible say's, "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". "We are born into sin but shaped in inequity'. While we can't judge people for their choices in life... We also can't go against what "God says". Only HE is the one who can determine our future both here and in Eternity. We can love people and not agree with the sin. Jesus is about Grace, Mercy, forgivness and more anything, Love....

Lisa Wallace

Enough already! I think Kirk Cameron is bizarre, but he was ASKED what he thought or believe! Does he not have the right to an opinion any more? Seriously? Everyone that knows anything about him would expect this would be his answer. Now he is going to be punished and persecuted? Give me a break. I thought we lived in America.

Purisomniapura

Jesus already warned his followers that if the world hated Him, they would hate us also. We should not be surprised when any Christian, Kirk Cameron or otherwise, speaks the truths contained in the Holy scriptures that the world will reject them, just as they rejected Christ.

Nevertheless, as Christians we love & respect homosexuals & should engage them in honest, reasoned, nonviolent sharing of facts concerning the immorality and liability of homosexual behavior. To do anything other than that is to endorse behavior the Bible condemns & endangers persons and ultimately dishonors God. Repentance of sin is a universal command from God for all men & as the creator of this universe, He decides how sin is defined.

Kathryn

Did Kirk say he was anti gay ???? Glaad is going to monitor his media appearances ? Talk about an obvious double standard !!!! Its all about love and tolerance and acceptance for all or well for those who agree with them - if u dont u are labeled anti gay , homphobic , ignorant , close minded and bigoted - wow where's the love and tolerance !!!!!! Mr Graddick is obviously out of touch with God ! God hasnt changed his stance on this - not condemned for sexual orientation ???? Did I say out of touch with God !!! Um no duh one may be condemned for sexual orientation if one doest repent - just ask sodom and gammorah!!

Quit erasing the line Glaad , he's not anti gay but not pro homosexuality but of course there is no difference , no no of course not

Glaad , dont think God isn't monitoring you !!!

Will

People are born as jews too, doesn't make it right.

Debbie

Did the interviewer ask Kirk if he hated gays? NO. Did Kirk say he hated gay people? NO. Just because he was bold enough to share his opinion about homosexuality, does not mean that he doesn't still love those people, just that he doesn't subscribe to the mentality that loving them means condoning their behavior. In fact the most relevant way to show someone you love them, is to try to show them the difference between right and wrong. To try to share with them the knowledge of the consequences of their decisions, and hope that they can make better more informed decisions. I admire a person who will stand up to all of this religious persecution, and still boldly and loudly proclaim Jesus' name to the lost. Kirk doesn't claim to be perfect himself, but I think he's doing a very good job of using his position as a public figure to make a statement for Christ...just like miss Rosie or miss Ellen do for the gay/lesbian community with their celebrity status. For some reason its okay for them to tell Americans that its okay to be homosexual, and everyone supports their right to, but when someone stands up to say its not okay, everyone gets up in arms about how they shouldn't have that right, or how hateful it sounds. I haven't heard one word of hate from Kirk's mouth, but I certainly hear lots of it in the comments sections of these sites from those who oppose him.

GAYbyStra8pple

All of theses people placing judgement on others because of some fairy tale they are told by people that just want their money! I'm sure if there is a god he doesn't care what people do when they are alone. and if he does.. is he really worth worshiping?

michelle

so tired of this constant christian bashing
if people don't agree with the government they should address their complaints to the government
married or unmarried, people might want to have their last wishes legally do***ented
or power of attorney which would cover bedside, graveside and everything else
where there's a will there's a way
G-d bless us all

remry

Clearly there is a misunderstanding about what tolerance is -- it is only when you disagree with someone that tolerance comes into play -- if you are gay, then "tolerance" toward gays means nothing -- but if you hate what somebody believes, it is only then that your tolerance is tested -- for instance, if you hate what Christians believe and bash them for their beliefs, then you are intolerant; tolerance in that case would be to resist attacking the person (ad hominem) -- beliefs should be discussed without rancor.

MARLA

No YOU ARE NOT BORN GAY AND PEOPLE NEED TO STOP SAYING THAT GOD DIDNT CREATE ADAM & STEVE IN THE GARDEN IT WAS ADAM & EVE. IT IS AN ABOMINATION AND IT IS UNNATURAL, THE TWO CAN'T REPRODUCE AND GOD WANTS US TO REPRODUCE. DO I HATE GAY PEOPLE, NO I DON'T I LOVE THEM BUT I HATE THE SIN(HOMOSEXUALITY)EVER HEARD OF SODDOM & GOMORRAH IF NOT READ THE STORY

MARLA

NO YOU ARE NOT BORN GAY AND PEOPLE NEED TO STOP SAYING THAT GOD DIDNT CREATE ADAM & STEVE IN THE GARDEN IT WAS ADAM & EVE. IT IS AN ABOMINATION AND IT IS UNNATURAL, THE TWO CAN'T REPRODUCE AND GOD WANTS US TO REPRODUCE. DO I HATE GAY PEOPLE, NO I DON'T I LOVE THEM BUT I HATE THE SIN(HOMOSEXUALITY)EVER HEARD OF SODDOM & GOMORRAH IF NOT READ THE STORY.

peanut

Dear Marla, where did you get your doctorate degree to diagnose people wether they are born that way or they choose? You claim God wants (us) to reproduce. Not everyone wants to or can due to their individual health issues. so maybe you should best jsu leave the gown up topics to the gorwn ups. Thanks anyways for your input. LOL

Tony the Giant

Gays are condemned not because of their sexual orientation. They are condemned because of their behavior. They expose themselves in a very kirked-out and immature way. It looks very unprofessional on jobs, in public, etc. And they wonder why nobody wants to hire them. If they were gay, without the personality disorder. Then it would be acceptable. Than perpetrating the personality of the opposite sex, like they some clown or something. you know what I mean? You'll loose customers. Cause they don't want their kids to be
exposed to this ignorance. For real, a "fruitcake" is somebody who acts like they got a mental problem. That is what is not acceptable. That is the grounds that gays get fired on.

Previous 15 Comments | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments