Piers Morgan

Cameron Was 'Brave' to Voice

Anti Gay Marriage Opinions

3/4/2012 7:51 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0304_piers_morgan_video_ex
Piers Morgan admits that Kirk Cameron ticked a lot of people off by voicing his opinions against gay marriage ... but Piers thinks the former child star was "brave" to stick to his beliefs.

GLAAD predictably blasted Cameron after his appearance on "Piers Morgan Tonight," during which he called homosexuality "unnatural" and "destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

But Morgan feels Cameron "was honest to what he believed" even if he most people find his views to be "antiquated."

As the old saying goes ... "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Ray

its how aercia is suppose to roll

Sammie

So what is wrong with a different opinion? I don't believe in abortion but I believe the people who do believe in it have a complete right to that opinion - it's just not mine. So why can't Cameron have his? If the truth be told, most people in this country AND the world find homosexual sex disgusting regardless of what the 8% or however small it really is of our population that is Gay will tell you. We TOLERATE it.

vern dufford

How did this kid get a platform like Morgan's CNN show?
What has he done in the last 20 years to deserve a show on his views on ****ing anything ?
I'll tell you ratings,ignorance and hate?
I should hope this guy it not gay he it would be a sad thing in these time.

Who Knew

Why would he even care what glaad thinks, he's a devout Christian and believes in the bible.

Ladytall

I feel that cameron has a right to his opinion. Can speak his opinion much the same as I, or anyone in this country, am allowed. If some people dont agree then they can speak their opinion. WHY is it so wrong for a person to voice how they feel? I dont happen to agree with him, but I do respect his right to state it. When we start condeming people for their THOUGHTS then we are in dangerous territory!

John

ANTI-GAY IS "BRAVE" PIERS? ANTI-WOMAN, BLACK, LATINO, ASIAN MIGHT GET YOU TAKEN OFF THE AIR. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN FIRED FOR LESS, BUT IT'S OKAY TO BASH GAYS ON CNN.

BB in CA

To the camera person – LISTEN to the answers! You said "…that his words were contradicting?" Nothing he said was contradicting! KIRK CAMERON shouldn't be judging people that don't choose to live the same way he does. Talk about why you have so many kids!

Lisa

Although I do not agree with anything Kirk Cameron has to say, I do believe in his right to say it. We all have the right to live according to our beliefs. If however, he were a politician trying to interfere with gay rights, or force his religious beliefs on the rest of us, I would definitely have a problem. With regard to the law, I believe in equality 100 percent.

Truth

GLADD are terrorists. Don't do what they say and you get bombed, and then some.

Annonymous

I don't agree with Kirk Cameron, but he is entitled to his views. Christianity teaches that homosexuality is wrong. I am a Christian, and I heard that the entire time I went to church, as well as the Christian School I went to. Like I said earlier... I completely disagree with what he is saying, but I don't fault him for it either, because this is how he was raised. I was raised the same way, but I remember our God saying something about not judging way back in the old testament with the ten commandments. I'm glad I followed my heart, because I would have had to disowned my own child for being gay. I love all four of my children for who they are, and what they bring to my life. I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. I know for a fact that God loves my children, gay or straight for who they are, and he is not judging them. I also know that God loves me for my past mistakes, and guess what? I am pretty dang lucky considering... I committed far worse sins than that of a person being gay.

Jackson

I have no problem with Kirk Cameron sticking to his beliefs, I would love to know what part of homosexuality is destructive though.

lk

Using that logic Floyd Mayweather is "brave" to make racist comments about Asian athletes.

Nicoleasm

It shouldn't be compared to a black person marrying a white person. I believe homosexuality is unnatural in the sense that biologically nature designed women and men's bodies to produce sperm and egg and make another life. It's evolution and how we evolve. The only things you can get from spending your life with a same sex person is "physical pleasure" and a lifelong spiritual connection--which is totally great for both people, that's what straight people get from their significant others. But I don't think it's what nature intended.

bx1111

Kirk Cameron is straight? Wow.. Anyways Jon Voight and Chuck Corris have expiration dates and someone needs to take the wheel. Maybe he'll get work from FOX.

inverse137

crazy little bible thumper...