Piers Morgan

Cameron Was 'Brave' to Voice

Anti Gay Marriage Opinions

3/4/2012 7:51 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0304_piers_morgan_video_ex
Piers Morgan admits that Kirk Cameron ticked a lot of people off by voicing his opinions against gay marriage ... but Piers thinks the former child star was "brave" to stick to his beliefs.

GLAAD predictably blasted Cameron after his appearance on "Piers Morgan Tonight," during which he called homosexuality "unnatural" and "destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

But Morgan feels Cameron "was honest to what he believed" even if he most people find his views to be "antiquated."

As the old saying goes ... "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

The Neko Nation

The man is entitled to his opinion as are gays. This is still America. It's when people try to force you to believe one way or the other and force you to accept them and say you are wrong for your own opinion is when it is wrong. GLAAD is entitled to not agree with Cameron but to condemn him for his beliefs is just wrong. GLAAD is a NAZI organization.

FreedomIsn'tFree

TMZ is like a bunch of high school girls, if you don't think like them you get bullied. You don't agree with what he has to say, so be it, don't lash out every time he has something to say just because you have the platform to do it.

USArmy

The left is all for free speech as long as you agree with them.

Margie

Kirk has every right to express his opinion and beliefs. I believe he is right on and our voices and opinions need to be heard.

inverse137

@Nicoleasm...

Unnatural? Don't use big words you don't know the meaning of.

Unnatural means not observed in nature. Homosexuality is observed in nature.

Pink spandex bike shorts are unnatural.

Silly conservatives....

Sonja

Joao, you are a fruit loop pal. Pro Life but for the death penalty..what is that? Pro Life but against any programs that actually help out that precious child once it's left the womb.. what's up with that? Women's Right is preferential? .. while the biggest mouths in Radio call someone on birth control a Slut? Please just shut up while you are ahead here.

izandroro

Piers admires Hitler for sticking to his beliefs?

Jennifer

What I don't get is with so many influences "destroying the foundations of civilization" why do so many Christians obsess about homosexuality? I'd say drugs, texting, promiscuity, gluttony to name a few, pose a much greater threat to civilization than happily monogamous homosexuals. Why don't they give some attention to these issues? Me thinks they dost protest too much...!!!

opinionsbydee

I'm very happy that Kirk Cameron stuck to his Christians beliefs. Everyone knows his religious views so why would they think that he would answer any differently?! Good for him! If we had more Christians like him in the media then maybe we could stop this Gay Marriage bill in the other 42 states.

Byron Green

Interesting my earlier post got 6 positives and 4 dislikes.
I guess the dislikes did not like their peckers being called a sausage

opinionsbydee

Oh and for those of you that say we Christians should focus on other sins as well... We do if somebody said that snorting cocaine or shooting up heroine was cool we would voice our beliefs about those issues just the same! As Christians in our daily lives we work towards being like Jesus Christ everyday so were definitely not perfect but the Bible clearly states Man shall not lay with another Man. Leviticus 18:22

Preston

What really get's me about this all. Is the fact that it's OK for him to have his "views and beliefs ' what's say if he talked about interracial marriage? Would people be saying it's ok for him to be so open about it on tv? No they would not because it's not right for today's world. There has always been and still today people that feel its more against god to be in a interracial marriage and have kid's because it creates an unnatural race. One god did create. ( these are not my beliefs) But you don't hear them talking about it on TV. Times have changed and we as a people have to live free of hate and work together. Let people live their lives with who they choose and under stand if you are really a christian your number one core belief is judgement day let them be judged by God and not you.

R

If I go out and say I don't believe in interracial marriage - it is disgusting and destructive. Are people going to say I'm brave for sticking to my beliefs?

UmHuh

I agree with Kirk and LOVE him. I love all people but do not support or condone the gay lifestyle. It is unnatural and it is a "evil spiritual" stronghold that needs to be broken. My sister is a lesbian, and I love her to death. However, her lifestyle does not change my opinion and beliefs regarding gay marriage, homosexuality being a sin, and the act being natural. It is what it is. Whether the world is changing or not, sin is sin. Next puppies and kids will be allowed to marry adults. And the same people will say if they all consent its okay. Pleeze!!!

Scott

let's not forget that people ALSO used to use the Bible to defend their racism especially their belief in slavery.. I wonder if some idiot came on his show and stated his beliefs about Black people be degenerates, would Piers still be proud to stick up for him?? total Hypocrite..