'Growing Pains' Star

Kirk Cameron is DEAD WRONG

on Gay Rights

3/5/2012 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0305-tracey_kirk_BN_01
Tracey Gold is neither sharing the laughter nor the love with her former "Growing Pains" co-star Kirk Cameron after he blasted gay people on CNN.

Gold went to her Twitter page last night ... and posted, "I am a strong supporter of the #LGBT Community, and I believe in equal rights for all. #NOH8 #LOVE."

In fact, the image on Gold's Twitter page is a photo from the pro-gay rights NOH8 campaign.

As we previously reported, Kirk ignited a firestorm Friday night when he appeared on "Piers Morgan" and said, "I think [homosexuality is] ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

0305_growing_footer

Educator

I agree with Kirk. I am an educated individual who is a Christian. The bible is clear with the passage in Leviticus 18:22. For those who disagree, can you respect my belief to believe the teachings of my God? I don't go and "bash" people. I think you do more good through education and kindness than you can from bitterness and hate. However, after reading the comments I felt that "my side" needed to be voiced as well. Thanks for reading.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Fake Christians still posting on TMZ. Real Christians don't come to TMZ, gossip is sinful. Talking about gay sex sinful.

Why would a Christian come to a gossip site and talk about gay sex?

You're supposed to keep your mind pure. Gossiping and talking about gay sex means your minds are dirty.

By the way, gay sex.

The Neko Nation

It's amazing how gays condemn and hate anyone who doesn't agree with them. Last time I checked this is America where everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Tracy gave her opinion and Kirk gave his. That is what this country is about. It's when gays try and force everyone to accept them and think that their rights are more important than others is when it becomes a problem. What I find personally appalling and disgusting is how they try and compare themselves to blacks during the civil rights movement. Gays were not forbidden from voting, using public facilities, and eating in restaurants. GLAAD is basically just a bunch of NAZIS.

trishrn

Thank you Kirk for standing up for your and God's beliefs. IT IS NOT natural. God created man and woman only when he began the earth. I do not believe gays and lesbians should be afforded the same rights that I have as a heterosexual. Guaranteed...our forefathers would also agree with Kirk. He has the guts to outright state his beliefs and ppl blast him for it? That is what is wrong. We all have a right to our beliefs and if you do not agree to it, then that is your problem...NOT mine! I believe in God as my father and God created Adam and Eve...NOT Adam and Steve! Go KIRK for standing up for Christians all over!!!

Lifwok

Compulsively obsessing over another sexuality that one can not tolerate (especially because of insecurity, both religion and atheists) is already sad, but to coward behind a book of hatred brings it to another level. I get it there are people who dislike homosexuality, but how does it affect the heterosexuals that produce children and discard them in some form or fashion?

There is no such thing as equality with religion, just themselves and their followers.

American Mom

Wow! Sounds like Tracy Gold needs attention again. Shouldn't she be home concentrating on eating or something? She drinks and drives with her children in the car, she's a drunk. Like her opinion counts! NOT!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I don't believe in war, I should NOT have to pay for that.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

trishrn, people who don't agree war are forced to pay for it, people who don't have children are forced to pay for schools, and people who don't have cars are forced to pay for roads. Why should you get to be special and choose what you pay for?

Greg

Kirk is 100% correct, period, all the crazy hollywood liberals are so pathetic

Cognizant _illiberal

lost grrl says the bible is proven wrong because there is evidence man has been around longer than 6000 years and says jews wrote and preserved the old testiment as a book to live by the moral teachings.
MY REBUTTAL:the oldest written artifact is from the 14th century bce about 5400 years old there is no written history older than 6000years old the skulls that have been said to be 13000 years old were carbon dated , carbon dating is not accurate and lots can occur to have an impact on a fossil to make it hard to accurately carbon date, there is a skull of a white man aka caucus classified skull found in america that was carbon dated to be 13000 years old that would mean whites were the firs people in america which does not sit well with a lot of people. also if the jews are the end all to end all best religion they do not agree with homosexuality ,Vayiqra (Leviticus) forbids sexual intercourse between males, classifying it as a to'eivah (something abhorred or detested) that can be subject to capital punishment under Jewish law, they also say if a women is widowed she can only marry her husbands brother which was good for the women at the time because they were unable to support them selves , and they also say no sex durring menstrol cycles and a lot of other pretty good stuff

mary

Why can liberals say ANYTHING that they want, but God forbid Conservatives or people of Faith have an opinion and all of the left wing libs out there want them fired, or shut up..TOTAL double standards. I am just tired of hearing it. It is NOT ok to be Gay, that is my opinion. Just like the opposite is your opinion. You don't want me to say "I'm right and your wrong", however, why do you think "you're right and I'm wrong"..Difference is, I follow the teachings of Our Lord and Saviour who is himself "truth". I'm in no way trying to verbally attack anyone, just opening a dialogue. I'll pray for you all because you are blinded by the ways of this world and you've lost your "sense of sin". May GOD be with all of you.

Say It Isn't So

What I find VERY sad, is that gays DO NOT have religion. Yeah, go on, say you "know many gays that go to church" yadi, ya, ya. Well, if they were ACTUALLY adhering to the teachings of their church/the Lord, they would KNOW that homosexuality is WRONG per any church, and PER the Bible. With that being said, "gays" can NOT be religious or be TRUE Christians. They only go to church in an attempt to feel accepted by Christians for their deviant lifestyle, and to "fit in" to the NORM they know the won't. Simple as that. I feel VERY sorry for gays, very sorry. But, like I said before, THIS DISCUSSION will NOT matter in the end, the opinions of gays will NOT matter to the Lord. They will NOT EVER be accepted fully on earth, and will NEVER be accepted come judgement day. That is what's so sad, at least for them. Guess as the saying goes, they will "reap what they sow" in the end.

HermesHeiress

Actually I want to ask one question...If anyone of you out there was walking down the street and someone collapsed and is dying and it would take your help to revive them...are you gonna ask first are you GAY and are you married before you offer help?.If a person works for a company ,paying his or her taxes like we straight people do,buy issurance like we do..why shouldn't the one they love man or woman benefit.It is only a marriage people ..only a marriage...Isn't there more terrible things happening in your country, in our world to worry about.We put so much energy into restricting people from living their truth,we are all hypocrits.... invading other countries for human rights violation ,yet in your very backyard you are doing the same.Religious belief or not...these are the people who probable wont be visiting your churches or praying with you at you alters or breaking bread with you ....so why are people so afraid.Insecurity breeds fear.Why are people so worried about them going to hell for their sins...its their lives.Live yours..let them live theirs.I just wish we could be kind with our words even if we don't agree with others lifestyles.

Truth

"and I believe in equal rights for all." Unless, you have a liberal opinion, then you have no free speech rights.

Cognizant _illiberal

to people saying how does it affect you personally they are trying to invade our religious ceromonies, and they have a negative detrimental affects on civilization we are not supposed to ignore it and let our world go to sh%t people who are comfortable in the now usually dont feel like putting up a fight for men of tomorrow are sellfish read comment 104 if you gays get a pass to paractice unnatural deviant perversion the next group of people will want to paractice their sex acts and the groups acts will get more extreme as we relax the rules.