'Growing Pains' Star

Kirk Cameron is DEAD WRONG

on Gay Rights

3/5/2012 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0305-tracey_kirk_BN_01
Tracey Gold is neither sharing the laughter nor the love with her former "Growing Pains" co-star Kirk Cameron after he blasted gay people on CNN.

Gold went to her Twitter page last night ... and posted, "I am a strong supporter of the #LGBT Community, and I believe in equal rights for all. #NOH8 #LOVE."

In fact, the image on Gold's Twitter page is a photo from the pro-gay rights NOH8 campaign.

As we previously reported, Kirk ignited a firestorm Friday night when he appeared on "Piers Morgan" and said, "I think [homosexuality is] ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

0305_growing_footer

Jah36

Awww...sounds like Tracy is confused. Anyone that somehow thinks homosexual behavior is normal, has been brainwashed. Homosexuality is perverted sexually deviant behavior, nothing more. FYI, having the sanity to understand this does not equate to hate. It's called common sense.

God-Of-Lyf

Maybe we can put her and all of "THEM" on an island somewhere so the rest of us don't have to hear their whining every time someone hurts their feelings...

Pam

Excuse me but Kirk did not BLAST the gays! He just gave his opinion on gays getting married to each other!

jay

I have to say that although I do not share in the same beliefs as Kirk, I do believe that he has every right to state his beliefs. He has the right to free speech, just as anyone else. I am for the same equality for same-sex couples, but I have to respect that not everyone in the world is going to agree with me.

otis

FINALLY..a person that isn't afraid of speaking the truth. This is big for me, coming from an unloving, contradicting, hypocritical southern 'godly' influence..If God made people in HIS image, He must be gay, hypocritical, murderous, incestuous, and hateful to say the least. People who call themselves 'godly' or 'religious'...need to rethink their values. Onan was a bad person for 'spilling his seed' instead of giving it to his brother's wife...THAT makes a lot of sense. Some christians will say that from this quote, masturbation is immoral...even though there are studies that say that masturbation is good for anxiety and stress..I actually could write a BOOK about how religion impedes morality and hurts people in general, but I'm saving that for my Doctorate. I will never take religious people seriously, until they prove that all of their beliefs have facts to back them up..HA!! That will never happen. Next, I should find the correlations between magical thinking and religion. I KNOW that will correlate, but, WHY?..Ignorance is the only answer to religion..

tailor

Okay people. Heres the deal. Where in the Bible did it say that a man and a man could make a baby, or a woman and a woman make a baby? Im pretty sure that its a man and a woman that do that..So please tell where in the hell you people think that its "natural" for a same sex relationship.Not only basing this off a Biblical view, but not only is it immoral, is gross, and something that THOSE people need to keep to themselves if they choose to act in those ways. Yes, it is true that God does love everyone, but it does not say He loves what our actions are. I AM on Kirk Cameron's side 110%! Dont like it, kiss my A**.

whitney

The great thing about this country is that we're all entitled to our opinions-no matter how offensive or outdated- so while I respectfully disagree with Kirk, I strongly believe that he has the right to voice his beliefs.

John

Let the Haters Hate...Kirk your spot on RIGHT!

D

I am proud of Kirk for defending his Christian beliefs. I don't know why every pro-gay person considers our opinion discriminatory when in fact not allowing us (Christians) to raise our voice is the exact same...but for some reason we're the 'bad' guys. Oh the end times are fast approaching. Thank you Jesus.

watching

If I had a child who determined he/she was gay, I would tolerate and ACCEPT it.
If this child went on to tell me that I was wrong to have married his father and be straight- I'd disown them. Gay people need to get over themselves and wonder what they would spend their time on if not trying to persuade everyone else to give them attention.
What more do you want? Medical benefits? I don't automatically get them. Equality? As a woman, I still don't get it. Respect? it's earned. Stop whining and contribute to society in a positive way other than forcing your sexual preference down my throat. I don't shove my preference down yours.Seriously

Steve

Homosexuality is an unnatural relationship. It says so in Romans chapter 1. It's real simple folks. If Adam had been gay the human race would be extinct. What can be more simple than that. God said be fruitful and multiply..seen any gay couples pulling that one off lately!

John1

So what is wrong with his comments ? can't anyone say anything these days ? It's a free country, and if I want to say what I think about gays, I can, and yes, it is unnatural anyway you look at it. Every time anyone says something against gays, there's a big controversy and crap. If they want to stop being victimize, then stop being the victims and live with criticism, that's life !

R

it's fine to hold a different opinion, but when you openly advocate restriction some people 14th amendment rights, then you should be called out on it.

kirk cameron has no problem saying that the lgbt community should not have the same rights as everyone else. instead of 'lgbt' try inserting a religious group or a race. it's perfectly okay that he holds any opinion he likes; however, advocating limitation of rights based on orientation, race, religion or creed is very much not constitutional.

Lisa

Not having children while being in a relationship with another human being... is totally natural imo. I have no children with my husband, why? Because I can't. I guess that makes me unnatural hmm? Perhaps I should be crucified for being born a bit different? You all say that a partnership that cannot reproduce is unnatural... so that's me! So sign me up to stand side by side with GLAAD - they are obviously the group that would support me. And all of you that believe in organized religion? YOU ARE WASTING YOUR LIVES!

Peter

LOL he has equal rights too, that means he cant speak his mind and say whatever he feels like, gays in america i see are going over the top but you are very pathetic and Kirk Cameron is a great guy, he is a christian and he does what he believes in, millions or billions feel the same as him, and people are tired that gays are so strong in media because there is troube to speak your mind if you think differently then the minority..