'Growing Pains' Star

Kirk Cameron is DEAD WRONG

on Gay Rights

3/5/2012 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0305-tracey_kirk_BN_01
Tracey Gold is neither sharing the laughter nor the love with her former "Growing Pains" co-star Kirk Cameron after he blasted gay people on CNN.

Gold went to her Twitter page last night ... and posted, "I am a strong supporter of the #LGBT Community, and I believe in equal rights for all. #NOH8 #LOVE."

In fact, the image on Gold's Twitter page is a photo from the pro-gay rights NOH8 campaign.

As we previously reported, Kirk ignited a firestorm Friday night when he appeared on "Piers Morgan" and said, "I think [homosexuality is] ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

0305_growing_footer

RaffyBStatenIsland

The way these pictures are set up, it looks like Kirk is giving Tracey the finger.

Jer

God Bless Kirk for standing up for what he believes in! He's entitled to his own opinion. We live in a world where anything goes and morals are out the window. God Bless Kirk!

Cognizant _illiberal

pedophiles are born that way and some of them cry to their behavioral health therapists because they have the obsession and are suffering it does not mean it should be excepted, people like him are slowing down the progression of the world from becoming a place where any sex practice is accepted the more perverted we allow people to be the more extreme and perverted the next group of deviants will want to be we need to draw the line, you want to speed up the demise of civilization , people make fun of fat people on tv and obese people do not kill them selves over it but it is embarrassing when it comes on tv ,people in the gay community need to realize they have abnormal brain activity just like pedophiles and should let science do something about it rather than fight for it to be accepted.

steph

How sad for Tracy....anything for another second in the "Hollywood Spotlight"

Mar

I just think that it's sad that the only "opinions" that are allowed to be voiced are the ones that are "mainstream" and agreeable to any particular group at any particular time. Since when has America turned into a country where people cannot just have an opinion, right or wrong, but an opinion and where they cannot voice their opinion without having to provide multiple apologies, be professionally lambasted, and called names and "banished". It seems that only one side of any coin is allowed to voice their opinions and everyone else has to shut up or be publically and personally attacked! This is getting so sad and scary.

Anabella

The point is being gay is unnatural people. What pisses me off the most is that no one can voice their opinions when it comes to gays. You are hypocrites for getting all bent out of shape when someone says what they think of homosexuals. You are bullies too. I'm against homosexuality, I don't favor it. The purpose of a man and a women is to be fruitful and multiply. How can you do that when your with someone of the same sex. God saw that man was alone and created a woman...NOT another man.

Susy Pugh

I hope you believe in free speech--by the constitution as I do--which means we can disagree and still respect each other. Love Harvey but agree with Kirk. Had a gay dad and oh the stories I could share. Also have a son in Hollywood who is a christian conservative and has a right to his opinion. I am not a homophobe but do believe there are consequences to our actions. Truth will win over evil just as it did in nazi germany--read bonhoffer --God always wins in the end.

BBQ

Well Kirks not gay & its his opinion. He doesnt have to vote for any causes except his own or anyone else for that matter. It is a religious issue also , I dont see anyone asking the church for their opinion. Why not ask Ben next time.:rollseyes:

Jenny Riley

She looks really fat. Did she gain weight? Way to be a friend Tracy. With friends like you who needs enemies. Its about time you came out of the closet. Still. Kirk is entitled to his opinion even if the gay community didn't sanction it.

tracey

Gays like to throw their lifestyle in our faces but when its put back on them all hell breaks lose and theres a major disruption.. Spare me....

Love the Lord

Praise God for Kirk Cameron speaking the TRUTH and not folding like a taco. Christians that accept homosexuality need to do a heart check or read their bible. Ignorance will be no excuse when we stand before the King Jesus!

Ann

I think Kirk is right. It is unnatural and wrong, morally and biblically. I really couldn't care less who disagrees with me or hits the "dislike" button. It is my opinion. Why is it okay to say that lifestyle is acceptable, but not okay to say it isn't? Both are opinions. It seems that people who scream "freedom this" or "freedom that" only want the freedom when it parellels to their beliefs, but they want to censor everyone else that do not have the same beliefs. It doesn't work that way.

BrandyLynn

Why can't he have his own opinion? Why is it that everytime someone states their own opinion and it is not "politically correct" we all flip out? Does his opinion affect any of us= nope. So who cares, we all have the right to our own opinions. I personally could not care less if gay men or women want to get married go right ahead. But I am not gonna cry everytime someone says something I don't agree with. Get over it people.

Jim

Love you Tracey! I think what Kirk forgets is, "we are all God's children". No difference between black and white, gay or straight. We are all one on this earth.

michelle

whilst Adam gives name,
G-d will decide what it is we are, or aren't
will flesh mark our path through this bit of life,
or will the mind / heart / soul
if a persons flesh is at odds with their soul,
which path would G-d have 'them' take
married or not;
sex without the direct intent to reproduce is sinful