Donald Trump Jr.

Yes, I Killed Those Animals

... and I'm PROUD of It!

3/12/2012 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0312_donald_trump_BN_02
Donald Trump Jr. says he bears NO SHAME for slaughtering a bunch of exotic animals in Africa last year ... claiming all of his kills were used to feed local villagers.

TMZ broke the story ... DTJ is coming under fire for a series of pics which show him posing with his brother in front of several dead animals after a hunt last year -- even showing off a severed elephant tail.

Now, Trump Jr. is DEFENDING the hunt on Twitter ... writing, " I have no shame about [the pics]. I HUNT & EAT game ... I'm a hunter, for that I make no apologies."

He explained, "I can assure you it was not wasteful ... the villagers were so happy for the meat which they don't often get to eat. Very grateful."

"These are not endangered animals as an fyi."

As TMZ previously reported, Donald's sons -- Donald Jr. and Eric -- went on a hunting safari in Zimbabwe a year ago this month, and killed an elephant, crocodile, kudu, civet cat and waterbuck.

Jan

Some of these animals would STARVE anyway. This way, the villagers got food and the other animals have more to eat.

soulofanangel

---------------------------------------------------------
B O Y C O T T everything and anything associated with
TRUMP.
----------------------------------------------------------
No sense watching CELEBRITY APPRENTICE and being aggravated by the thought of TRUMP BOYS being a killing machine toward animals that meant them no harm.
-----------------------------------------------------------
They use their MONEY to kill for pleasure.
-----------------------------------------------------------
We will use our money (advertisers beware)and voices to
B O Y C O T T everything and anything associated with
TRUMP.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Eddie509

There is no excuse to kill a leopard with the decreasing numbers of all big cats. Ungulates are one thing--you can eat the meat. Shooting a big cat is nothing but a trophy hunt. How pathetic for them to use their money to hurt wildlife rather than help it. No more celebrity apprentice for me!!!

Dymond

feed the elephants you stupid douchebag. Like you really eat elephant? I hope they stomp on your stupid head!

nikki

No excuses ... this is horrible. SPOILT LITTLE BOY........

TT

Jr next time you go on a hunting trip remember to get Sr to go with you. Also make sure to get him to wear antlers cap and a shirt with large target on it.

col*

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF...KILLING AN ANIMAL FOR FUN & EXCITMENT....AND THE PICTURE UGH TO YOU !!! HOW CAN ANYONE DO SUCH A CRUEL ACT AND SMILE FOR THE CAMERA!!!JERK!

kb

I agree with Chrama and the others against this killing. How can you pose in such a photo smiling like that? Just horrible. I understand the hypocrisy in eating meat, but to treat it like a sport. Just wrong, selfish and cruel. I hope Donald is disappointed.

SImon

So these are the kind of rich spoiled brats who watch movies like 'Hostel' & 'Taken' and say, "YEAH!" ~ I really wouldn't be surprised at all...

monica

it is so sad and funny to me that people are disgusted and think it is barbaric when a elephant's tale is cut off
however it is perfectly ok to cut off a part of a newborn's penis, but of course cir***cised penis looks "nicer"
please people educate yourself
in the whole world cir***cision is practiced only by jews and muslims for religious reason (that is OK with me)
and of course by americans
i think any mother that allows her son to be cir***cised other than for religious believes should be cir***cised herself, like they do it in Africa
just think about this

Liz

Regardless of what Donald Jr says, white men hunting in Africa is an elitist, ******* thing to do. Did the meat really go to the villagers? Who knows? But the African and Asian elephants are on the endangered list. Many species of civets are either endangered or vulnerable as they are faced with severe loss of habitat. So Donald Jr. is not without blame here, and any responsible hunter would take him to task over his actions. Only rich jerks go on African safaris anymore. Wake up, Don. Why not try providing some species that is losing habitat with a valuable resource? Have you not seen Big Cat Diary on Animal Planet? No, you probably haven't.

Cujeaux

Well look at what the Trump family threw up, another weasel faced, wannabe tough guy with anger issues. Can't get away with beating his GF like Hef's demon seed, so he goes to African killing spree.

PEOPLE: BOYCOTT TRUMP'S SHOW AND MAKE HIS SONS THE POSTER BOYS FOR ANIMAL CRUELTY!

This was a big mistake for the twisted frat boys. Big mistake.

Liz

@LyleLovett666: "it ensures that the animals being hunted will remain in great supply and will be protected from poaching." Except that African elephants are on the endangered list. And many species of civets are either endangered or threatened due to loss of habitat. We do not know which species of civet Donald Jr and his brother killed, but it was likely not in "abundant" supply. So the animals they hunted were not all in "great supply." And Donald is smiling about it.

dstark9@sbcglobal.net

I really try not to be negative in posts...but this is one of the most disgusting acts I have seen...I sware...Donald Trump always acts like he is a class act...but in reality he inherited alot of money and raised 2 monkees...Ive never been for PETA...but looking at this..I hope they use all their power to destroy him. I am so glad he is not running for president.

dstark9@sbcglobal.net

If you were doing it to help the villagers eat...why wouldnt you do the easy thing and pay for it? you obviously are using what you did as a excuse. I know that you dont are not entitled to pay for the poor villagers food...but how much did that expediton cost? your a coaward for what you did...I'm sure the villagers really appreciated what you did for them..I'm sure that really helped....but I'm also sure they would have been just fine without your help....