Donald Trump Jr.

Yes, I Killed Those Animals

... and I'm PROUD of It!

3/12/2012 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0312_donald_trump_BN_02
Donald Trump Jr. says he bears NO SHAME for slaughtering a bunch of exotic animals in Africa last year ... claiming all of his kills were used to feed local villagers.

TMZ broke the story ... DTJ is coming under fire for a series of pics which show him posing with his brother in front of several dead animals after a hunt last year -- even showing off a severed elephant tail.

Now, Trump Jr. is DEFENDING the hunt on Twitter ... writing, " I have no shame about [the pics]. I HUNT & EAT game ... I'm a hunter, for that I make no apologies."

He explained, "I can assure you it was not wasteful ... the villagers were so happy for the meat which they don't often get to eat. Very grateful."

"These are not endangered animals as an fyi."

As TMZ previously reported, Donald's sons -- Donald Jr. and Eric -- went on a hunting safari in Zimbabwe a year ago this month, and killed an elephant, crocodile, kudu, civet cat and waterbuck.

A

I know some people get a thrill from doing this...whatever. But there's a difference.

Now, I don't know the facts. Maybe this animal is part of a large group that needs population control. Ok, whatever.

But what about getting food from other sources....teaching people to grow their own food, which would be better in the long run. You look like an arrogant american if you go over and kill their animals.

Dustin

I could honestly care less about the actual animal deaths. What annoys the crap out of me is these guys going out shooting the animals with crazy high powered weapons. Then patting each other on the back for how tough they are. Chances are a 13 year old could kill those animals with those weapons.

Flossy

evil!

Sonja

For what he paid to kill those animals he could have had a well, heard of goats, flock of chickens, bags of rice, seeds to plant and a damn school built to help the oh so poor villagers.

Pam

For all the ones complaining about us "bleeding hearts" you've got your head in some dark places. First of all, true hunters that are out there to feed those less fortunate, don't take pictures of their kill using a severed tail.

Once you sever the tail, you best be getting it on ice, cause it won't last til the dinner table.

So, although I hunt, this is barbaric. If you want a photo with your kill, then take the photo of the entire animal, not a severed tail.

On a final note, it doesn't matter how or what we think of this, the Donald already has it zipped.

Hugo

If it's ok to shoot at anything nowadays then someone should hunt him down and feed him to the villagers, I'm sure they'll find he's tasty too. One thing is ignorants destroying everything, but educated people should think twice before pulling the trigger.

Idiotsallofya

HEY IDIOTS!!! It NEVER said he killed an elephant!! It said had a picture of his with a severed elephant tail!!!!! LEARN TO READ

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Are villagers not allowed to hunt? Do they just reserve hunting rights for rich douche nozzles?

Derwood

Donald Trump is a PU. S. S. Y and his boys are too. DT thinks he is such a MAN and his sons are so MANLY. Idiots and rich kids.

Alice

I am absolutely sure that Trump Jr only went there to kill those animals so he could feed the local people-got a bridge to sell you too! This is just more arrogance of the wealthy...I'd say shame on him but that family knows nothing of shame...

Lindsay

He was always my favourite Trump. This is what happens when you're rich and bored. Not a fan anymore - hate this type of stuff - and hate that he defended it. Hunters shoot deer and turkeys - elephants? They have emotions - they grieve their dead, love their young, and are sweet tempered and gentle - this is SO SAD!

RaineeDrops

Says volumes about someone who can kill a live animal just for fun and a trophy tail.

I think posing with a knife and an elephant tail as he did is cruel.

It is not as if he is a hunter who killed purposely for food for his family. To find pleasure in killing animals just so you can post photos of your kills as if they are a trophy on your twitter?

To me, screams, OVER COMPENSATING! Little man syndrome.

Pam

Yes, Idiotsallofya: YOU better learn to read! Donald's sons -- Donald Jr. and Eric -- went on a hunting safari in Zimbabwe a year ago this month, and proudly showed off their trophy kills -- including an elephant, crocodile, kudu, civet cat and water buck.

you know it

yeah i'm sure those villagers love those bullet laden leaded meat. yum yum.

karren

Is that the right photo for the story? i thought it was Ralph Macchio. Isn't it???