Russell Brand

Named in Police Report

As Alleged Cell Phone Snatcher

3/13/2012 1:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0312-russell_brand_iphone_inf_EXRussell Brand has been named in a police report in New Orleans ... by a paparazzo who claims the actor snatched his cell phone out of his hand and fired it through the window of a nearby building ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell TMZ ... a photog named Timothy Jackson filed the report, citing "criminal damages" over an incident that went down Monday night.

Jackson told cops he was with a group of photogs ... when he began to shoot Brand with his iPhone from his car. Jackson claims Brand flipped out, wrestled the phone out of his hand ... and then Nolan Ryan'd it at a nearby building, shattering a glass window.

The pap immediately filed a police report. No word if he got his phone back.

Calls to Brand's rep have not been returned.

Law enforcement tells TMZ ... cops are investigating the incident and would like to speak with Brand ASAP.

0312_russell_brand_GSI_window

Joao

Stay tuned for the PR fabricated, boilerplate celebrity apology.

GOD

I can't believe I ever liked this douche...

JayTee

Chris brown
Russell brand
Who's next?

Cricket

I cannot stand this guy. I knew he sucked, but I didn't know he had a bad temper. He should pay for the phone, and be fined for disorderly conduct. Pay those. Then, go straight to the Grand Canyon (or any canyon will do) and throw himself off.

parlayer

wanted to be famous and can't handle it!! light weight!!

Hello is anybody in there?

What a jerk!

lookItsMegRyan

I'm not buying any more tmz cell phone/police report stories.

Blue Lake

So very uncool of Russell. Surprising and ugly.

Say It Isn't So

TMZ, who really gives a rat's a$$.....maybe the photog shouldn't have had his nose up Brand's a$$ and stalking him, eh? Serves these paps right. Don't like it when it comes back around at them, huh?

New Orleans

This is a big story here. And it's safe to say that New Orleans now HATES Russell Brand. You can't DO that kinda crap, you dooche.

cman

wow, I can't believe this tool got to bang Katy Perry....hmmm....I wonder if her funbags are real or if she paid extra for those badboys. Think I'll rub one out before lunch, while I ponder that question.

NotaSheep

Quote "Jackson claimed he was with a group of photogs" yet no footage of Brand "flipping out" or "wrestling the phone out of his hand"? Don't believe everything you read people!

Jenn

Well, then maybe the stupid paparazzi should leave Russel the hell alone? Don'tcha think? Jeeze! See how happy you would be if someone stuck a camera in your face every time you wanted to get a cup of coffee or take a yoga class with some hot chick. I think you'd be chucking a phone or two as well. I know I would.

some guy

I have no clue who this guy is. But wow, you all acting like the paparazzi are angels or something.

dj

i still dont know how this gross looking mofo got to F*** katy perry

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments