Jermaine Jones

Will Be Kicked Off

'American Idol'

3/14/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine Jones will be kicked off American Idol
Jermaine Jones will be kicked off "American Idol" Wednesday night, after producers learned he concealed the fact that he was arrested twice last year and has outstanding warrants ... TMZ has learned.

As we first reported, producers discovered Tuesday that Jermaine had lied about his criminal history and that triggered the decision to confront him on camera Tuesday afternoon.

We're told one of the incidents involved violence, which was particularly troublesome to producers.  He also lied to cops by giving them fake names both times he was arrested.

"A.I." sources tell us ... Jermaine will appear on the show tomorrow night before he is sent packing.

Over the last few days, we've been reporting that Jermaine told producers his father abandoned him 10 years ago, but his dad called TMZ and called B.S. on his son, saying they see each other regularly.

Jermaine began tweeting that he never told producers about his dad abandoning him.  We're told the producers -- who knew Jermaine had made the statement -- became generally suspicious and began looking more closely at his background, and that's what led to the revelation of his criminal history.

Majestik

I'm sorry, HELLO, NORTH AMERICA...do you HONESTLY believe that the producers, director, ex. producers of this show don't do background checks on these folks with full on I.D. having to be shown BEFORE they make it on? Really?

I guess North America has become more dumb down than I thought. After the first few seasons and finding "FELONS" you don't think the higher ups would be vigilante, sure they were, they found the ones they could use as scapegoats if the money makers they wanted to advance seem to be losing steam (it's all about the viewership, like TMZ, the commenting) without those MILLIONS tuning in every week and spending a fortune voting and all the SPONSORS running to put up advertisement, how else will they make money. It all goes hand in hand, all the SOB stories, then the FELONS that sneaked past the brilliant creators...gah....

Knight Writer

Man, if I was in jail, I'd hate to have this gargantuan member of one of the darker-skinned races as my cellmate. I'd have to lie to him all the time and brag about how he is the Joe Frazier of spirited soul singers soaring high above all them lowly law-abiding white-trash AI wannabe's lest he turn me into a punching-bag object of his wrath.

"Oh Germaine. What melodic sweetness rolls off thy licorice lips. And remember boy, I ain't no gay bitch just 'cause I speak like a drunken poet who hasn't yet learned how to make a shiv."

Knight Writer

Man, if I was in jail, I'd hate to have this gargantuan member of one of the darker-skinned races as my cellmate. I'd have to lie to him all the time and brag about how he is the Joe Frazier of soul singers above all them lowly law-abiding white-trash AI wannabe's lest he turn me into a punching-bag object of his wrath.

"Oh Germaine. What sweetness rolls off thy licorice lips. And remember boy, I ain't no ***got bitch just 'cause I speak like a drunken poet who hasn't yet learned how to make a shiv."

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

"We're told one of the incidents involved violence, which was particularly troublesome to producers. He also lied to cops by giving them fake names both times he was arrested." GEEEEE anyone surprised at that? So he's already prefab lowlife so they should cut him a rap deal and he'll be filthy rich before he's cut loose in 30 to life.... what lowlives they're dragging in now since all the real talent was discovered long long ago. now they manufacture it like freaking Ford's first assembly line.

Jdawg

Yo man the Brotha didnt kill anybody.Give a brotha a break,,this is whac man.

Sunny Diamonds

Well geez, who ever heard of an artist that didn't break the law, commit crimes or lie? Even presidents lie... I never like Jermaine anyways, I didn't like his voice. But gosh, if having a criminal history means you would be a bad performer we wouldn't have a whole lot to watch on TV or listen to on the radio. I'm glad hes finally gone though hah!

Dawn

Bring Reed back!!!!! They should have never kept Jermaine!

td

bring jeremy back!!!!!

VladZu

Why does America still watch this piece of sh*t show? Its totally faked, thousands are dragged out for phoney auditions and people who've had recording contracts in the past are hand picked by Simon ****well. Stop watching this piece of sh*t!

WTF

How horrible! I have heard music sung by a person with a criminal record!

Now I need to go to an Otolaryngologist and have my ears restored to their original virginal state. My ears feel dirty.

How can they allow a person from the Untouchable outcast class of criminals on a stage in front of people? My eyes have been exposed to the image of a person who has committed a crime. This is simply unacceptable. This is America. I expect, no, I demand that *Those* people never be seen or heard from. Can't we build camps to segregate them from us? They are loose among us!

I will be suing American Idol for negligence in not inspecting the lives of everyone and letting the image of such an unholy man into my living room. I could understand this happening in another country, but how can this happen in America?

BENOIT

Give him a chance to win He made it this far cause you guys like his singing so lets all see how far he can go JUST GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO WIN

Tracy Spring

I thought he should have gone last week anyway.

JFO

Arrest records are PUBLIC information! Is A.I. not doing due diligence on these people???? You can get this information on the internet for God's sake; idiots!!

Lynne

And so someone else could have had his spot?

harv

Oh well he wasnt going to win anyway, as Blacks dont have a chance in hell of winning Idol anymore. But he still has a chance in the business, as a lot of stars have criminal backgrounds these days.