The Situation

Checks into Rehab

3/20/2012 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1013-the-situation-tmz-ex

"The Situation" is in rehab for substance abuse ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell TMZ the "Jersey Shore" star -- aka Mike Sorrentino -- has checked into an inpatient treatment program.

A rep for the Situation just contacted TMZ to say they are not confirming that Mike is in rehab ... just that he "has spent the past several weeks at an undisclosed location for much needed rest and recuperation after his extensive production and appearance schedule."

Like most of the 'JS' crew ... Sorrentino's been on a non-stop party train since the show debuted on MTV 2 years ago -- drinking and making paid appearances at nightclubs all over the world.

Sitch makes anywhere from 15K ... up to a whopping 50k per nightclub appearance.

MTV just announced "Jersey Shore" is returning for a 6th season ... which is scheduled to start shooting this summer.

update_bar
1:10 PM PT -- The Situation is currently undergoing treatment for prescription pills at the famous Cirque Lodge in Utah.

0320_mike_sorrentino_situation_footer_2

Celebrities Suck

mtv is paying them to act like idiots, they even pay for their booze. MTV are enablers.

snowcat

I admit Jersey Shore is my guilty pleasure....don't judge.When I first tried to watch the show to see what the buzz was about I said to myself "I am far too intelligent for this show." but then got sucked in during a marathon a few months later.

I have suspected for quite some time that Mike had a cocaine and/or steroid problem.Sometime after the first or second season,Mike got pretty big,really fast and I notice his body was covered in pimples...eewww.The cocaine would explain his erratic behavior on the show and him missing scheduled engagements with other cast members.

Cocaine+steroids+alcohol= Mike's behavior in Italy and Seaside in 2011,loud,paranoid and aggressive.

Michael

FOCK!! I was hoping they found is douche bag AZZ ded on the street from getting robbed after he performed anal with some guy! Damn, I am so disappointed.

Mikey

They don't give you more brain cells in rehab so your sh!t outta luck.

sPaNkdEnALgAs

This dude is so frickin' ugly......& his brother is even worse looking! I now understand why they call him "Popeye on crack"....Y U C K

Rogue Warrior

Hopefully this douchebag takes a terrible fall off the wagon and does us all a favor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevo

THE UNIT SNIFFS AT LEAST 10 LICKS A WEEKEND. SITUATION LIKES CK THATS WHEN YOU MIX COKE AND KETAMINE TOGETHER. THEN THEY GET ALL TWEEKED UP TOGETHER AND SITUATION PUTS UNIT IN HIS MOUTH. IM GONNA SEND HIM A FRUIT CAKE.

bluzzone

A new Situation for the Stitch.Too bad there isn't a rehab for morons.

canadasue

Interesting how regular folk go to rehab to battle drug and alcohol addiction and "celebrities" go to rehab for "much needed rest and recuperation"...

SteveK

I didn't realize there's rehab for douche-baggery.

backdasitch

You people are reading too much into this B.S.story.
The hater's need something to talk about, right.
Sitch rules!!!

itsnoise

Commenter's Avatar

Mis: about an hour ago

He's trying to get into Celebrity Rehab, Duh.

jsm

I dont' think anyone is surprised by this and arn't they getting a bit old for this??

kitty

these people are selling their souls for money and fame, good luck with that...

TJ

Must be the absolute worst show on television.Symbolic of total moral decay, absolute garbage! Take it off the air! Who is the audience of this tripe, anyway? Help save America!