The Situation

Checks into Rehab

3/20/2012 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1013-the-situation-tmz-ex

"The Situation" is in rehab for substance abuse ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell TMZ the "Jersey Shore" star -- aka Mike Sorrentino -- has checked into an inpatient treatment program.

A rep for the Situation just contacted TMZ to say they are not confirming that Mike is in rehab ... just that he "has spent the past several weeks at an undisclosed location for much needed rest and recuperation after his extensive production and appearance schedule."

Like most of the 'JS' crew ... Sorrentino's been on a non-stop party train since the show debuted on MTV 2 years ago -- drinking and making paid appearances at nightclubs all over the world.

Sitch makes anywhere from 15K ... up to a whopping 50k per nightclub appearance.

MTV just announced "Jersey Shore" is returning for a 6th season ... which is scheduled to start shooting this summer.

update_bar
1:10 PM PT -- The Situation is currently undergoing treatment for prescription pills at the famous Cirque Lodge in Utah.

0320_mike_sorrentino_situation_footer_2

EDITA ON STEROIDS

I hope Mike finds the help he needs, he is a part of the show I love to watch. A lot of people watch, thats why they can pay for production for a 6th season of the show.
Get Well Mike

PBezukov

Show us your abs, Sitch! We must see your abs! ABS! Your abs mean so much to us! Show us! Show us! Show us your abs! What I'm trying to say is WE MUST SEE YOUR ABS! SHOW US! SHOW US! SHOW US! SHOW US! Your abs impress us SO MUCH! You must be some kind of SUPERIOR PERSON! ABS! ABS! ABS! SHOW US YOUR ABS!

om

14:59

Kathryn

And we care about this turd because, what, he's a valuable member of society? who gives a sh*t what this waste of sperm does in his life. he's a joke to the REAL working folks in this country.

Areader

Sorrentino fresh out of rehab, Snooki pregnant, this will be an interesting 6 season!

Jason

The new season of Celebrity Rehab must be filming and dumb A-S.S! wanted a little extra cash before the gravy train finally ends ;-)

Toilethead

He is one ugly dude.

mrknoitall

I had a dream: Sitch is a victim of himself for sleeping with some Gay show developer over at MTV...slept with the dude for the show...they cast it around Sitch. Now he's confused and strung out... Pauly D and the boys like to bang in the same room I notice...that's hot. and yeah rumor is Ronnie is a pot head so no surprise Sammy is stoned all the time. Allegedly.

Mary

Rest and relaxation my ass. Like living in a beach house, free of charge is relaxing or restful. What a douche!!

Beaners

He's a bundle of nerves about being Snookie's Baby Father....

Ray

Why am I not shocked,sweaty and nervous twitching means drugs in the sitchin

dfgdfg

I am kinda shocked at how insensitive some of you are. You keep saying "Who cares? He's such a loser." Then why are you A. reading TMZ and B. posting about someone you don't care about?

He's a person just like us. Do you think he enjoys any of this? Reality TV is 75% scripted. He is an actor. Give him a break, man.

mrknoitall

lovetron

But I thought partying all the time was, like, totally awesome??

tazer

Why do they check into these weird centers? Whenever I wanna quit drugs and alcohol for a bit i just take xanax the first few days then play a lot of video games and I come back to life within a week.