The Situation

Checks into Rehab

3/20/2012 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1013-the-situation-tmz-ex

"The Situation" is in rehab for substance abuse ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell TMZ the "Jersey Shore" star -- aka Mike Sorrentino -- has checked into an inpatient treatment program.

A rep for the Situation just contacted TMZ to say they are not confirming that Mike is in rehab ... just that he "has spent the past several weeks at an undisclosed location for much needed rest and recuperation after his extensive production and appearance schedule."

Like most of the 'JS' crew ... Sorrentino's been on a non-stop party train since the show debuted on MTV 2 years ago -- drinking and making paid appearances at nightclubs all over the world.

Sitch makes anywhere from 15K ... up to a whopping 50k per nightclub appearance.

MTV just announced "Jersey Shore" is returning for a 6th season ... which is scheduled to start shooting this summer.

update_bar
1:10 PM PT -- The Situation is currently undergoing treatment for prescription pills at the famous Cirque Lodge in Utah.

0320_mike_sorrentino_situation_footer_2

tazer

Why do they check into these weird centers? Whenever I wanna quit drugs and alcohol for a bit i just take xanax the first few days then play a lot of video games and I come back to life within a week.

TC

UGH! can people stop putting his fugly face up ?! he is such a d-bag and needs attention. CLEARLY. He is beyond disgusting and his last hoorah was saying how Snooki was saying she was pregnant for 'attention'.. really d-bag? pot.kettle.black.

FLO

Steriods?

WASP

He's about ten years overdue!

Larry

I never got what it was he was supposed to be, what he did or why he thought he was something special. Can he play the guitar or dance? Nonetheless, I wish him nothing but the best.
Good luck numbnuts!

Jake

That guy has a big surprise.

Debi

CREEP FEST................. KEEP RU DOORS LOCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debi

Does anyone care ???? He is a creepy freak. Sorry

CCCCCC

Mike has mental issues. You can see it on the show. He needs help.

monkeys

moms friend literally just got a text from her friend who works at a rehab center in my small town bettendorf iowa and she said that he is there dead serious im only on here to see if he really did go to treat meant

sPaNkdEnALgAs

@ #88 vanessa gabiano:
I disagree with your comment. They are choosing to do this on their own free will. If Snooki is preggos, its by her own free will. Mike being a crack-head is his choice as well too. Last time I read, his friend "the unit" was busted for drugs......

pimpc

Good luck Sitch with the rehab. I'll be pulling for you.. and GREAT news abour season 6..I CAN'T WAIT!!!

bricks

Cocaine! no surprise.

bricks

This man is a pure Coke head! no doubt, I was telling my wife this a few weeks ago, fidgety and sweaty paranoia all the signs of a coke user. I wasn't surprised to see this.

beautifulkisses

Mr. Star of attention finally has hit rock bottom. Who would never have known. Now we can change his name to the "Snicthtion"