Madonna

I Don't Support Drug Use

... and I Never Have!

3/27/2012 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0326_madonna_tweet_BN
Madonna says DeadMau5 is DeadWrong ... claiming she was NOT promoting drug use at a concert in Florida ... despite allegations she used her stage time to glamorize the drug ecstasy.

Deadmau5 -- one of the most famous DJs in the world -- had attacked Madonna​ as a "f**king idiot" for asking the crowd at the Ultra Music Festival if anyone has "seen Molly" -- Molly is a slang term for the active ingredient in ecstasy (video below ... warning: it contains explicit language).

Now, Madge is lashing back ... with a pair of mouse ears.

The Material Girl posted a photo of herself in Mickey Mouse gear ... with the caption, "From one mouse to another I dont support drug use and i never have. I was referring to the song called "Have You Seen Molly" written by my friend Cedric Gervais who I almost worked with on my album."

Deadmau5 saw the tweet and replied ... saying, "Fair enough, I was just voicing my concerns as I usually do. +1 respect for clearing it up personally ... regardless, just be a little more aware of what you should represent at EDM events, and I'll watch my mouth."

Madge replied ... "Communication is always best. You should have called me first, we could have cleared it up 'privately.' ;) See you on the road."

Hatchet ... buried?

demosins

she is quoting a guys song who "Almost" worked on her album.. when there's a bull.. there is .....then she went out of her way to do a photo shoot as a response that if Deadmouse was immature could have taken it as a personal stab

Kat

Randomly referencing a song by someone you ALMOST worked with? Yeah right

Lindy

She is lying....even her CD MDNA promotes ecstacy
MDMA is the active chemical in ecstasy

parlayer

from a young "Reject" to an old "Reject"

Mike

She's telling the truth people...she was at the Ultra Music Fest in Miami this past week and Cedric Gervais' new song "Molly" was being HEAVILY promoted around the city, with flyers posted all over the place and even a banner flying from behind a plane. It was one of the most talked about new songs at the festival. The crowd new EXACTLY what she was talking about (both the drug reference and the song). Do your research BEFORE you decide to jump to conclusions

JUMPY

Madonna joins twitter for a day for Molly drug reference damage control and posts pic from 1991 when she was last relevant! LAME!! She is referring to a song written by someone she ALMOST worked with?!?! TOTAL B.S.!! Way to backpedal Madge! BTW what happened to your phony British accent?

Dee

I'm not buying her explanation. Is that song even on her new album? I don't think so. So why would she reference it?
Although I am surprised at the drug references, as she has never been a drug user/promoter.
Now what I REALLY don't understand is her allowing her 15 yr. old daughter to smoke! WTH!!!

Mike

Oh....and here's the teaser video for Cedric Gervais' song. The video premiered at the music festival that Madonna was at

buypolar

"Mom, Dad, that pot you found in my backpack, I was just holding on to it for a friend. I have never done drugs, that wasn't mine, it was a friends."

Glory Bee

I call B.S. on Madonna. Complete double talk. This is the "wink wink" explanation. Sheesh, she even sounds like my teenager trying to pull a fast one on me with double speak. At least my kid is 18, normal B.S. attempt for that age. M.is nearly 3 times that age. Sad AND creepy.

ViableV

"Immaterial Cu.n.t" should have dissappeared 20 years ago!

Kelly

So is Cedric Gervais' "Have You Seen Molly" about ecstasy, or is that not part of the story? False controversy.

Justin

What a load of ****. The crowd has never heard of her "friend" so why would they scream or care? She is so full of **** it hurts. Yea name your album MDNA but NO it has nothing to do with MDMA and you totally didn't mean molly the drug. Yea, I BELEIVE THAT. What a washed up joke druggie whore.

Kiko

... and "Madonna is a f**king idiot" happens to be a song that almost made on the last DeadMau5 album. What a coincidence.

Blue

So... Was the song "Have You Seen Molly" a veiled song about the drug, if so same thing, she is just spinning it to get out of this mess