Madonna

I Don't Support Drug Use

... and I Never Have!

3/27/2012 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0326_madonna_tweet_BN
Madonna says DeadMau5 is DeadWrong ... claiming she was NOT promoting drug use at a concert in Florida ... despite allegations she used her stage time to glamorize the drug ecstasy.

Deadmau5 -- one of the most famous DJs in the world -- had attacked Madonna​ as a "f**king idiot" for asking the crowd at the Ultra Music Festival if anyone has "seen Molly" -- Molly is a slang term for the active ingredient in ecstasy (video below ... warning: it contains explicit language).

Now, Madge is lashing back ... with a pair of mouse ears.

The Material Girl posted a photo of herself in Mickey Mouse gear ... with the caption, "From one mouse to another I dont support drug use and i never have. I was referring to the song called "Have You Seen Molly" written by my friend Cedric Gervais who I almost worked with on my album."

Deadmau5 saw the tweet and replied ... saying, "Fair enough, I was just voicing my concerns as I usually do. +1 respect for clearing it up personally ... regardless, just be a little more aware of what you should represent at EDM events, and I'll watch my mouth."

Madge replied ... "Communication is always best. You should have called me first, we could have cleared it up 'privately.' ;) See you on the road."

Hatchet ... buried?

Chet Sanders

Madaonna : dirty old sea hag.

adelle

does it seem like they were flirting with each other or something? It's like my grandma flirting with my boyfriend.

weird.

helen

What a croc of ****. She knew.

EDITA ON STEROIDS

so i guess they must have played her friends song on a non stop loop before she came out. YEAH RIGHT, NOT FOOLING THE PUBLIC..btw do you buy lordes her ciggs? yeah thought so loser

roamieroam

she is so full of bs. her new album is called "MDNA"...as in MDMA (Ecstasy). she is attempting to appear young and cool, but she is just an old lady

meatmissle

There's nothing wrong with molly. Whats with you guys. Grumpy jerks disapproving of everything people choose to do that's different than you? I'm sure many people in that crowd were on molly and were having really fun and loving memorable experiences with their friends and that just makes her performance a little more personal for them. Everyone is so quick to judge everyone but themselves. Get a job, get in shape, take charge of your own life instead of trying to hate everyone elses.

slkowens

that is what she was talking about everyone knows she was talking about ecstasy no matter what she is saying now just own what you said were not stupid and look at the video with all the sunglasses and gum chewing everone that yelled when the question was asked they were answering yes because thats what they were doing and haveing a hell of a time noone thought she was talking about some song so dumb

Fab

I cannot believe she thinks people are that stupid to believe she doesn't support drugs XD Ofc she was referring to ecstasy...her album is called MDNA (MDMA is another term for the drug ecstacy) This "person" should really stop making music altogether...sucha bad example for so many young people =/ no values at all

Willa

Say what you will, but the "irrelevant" comments are laughable. True, you may not care for her - or may be disgusted by a 53 year old shaking her ass (ala Cher in the 80s) - but someone who was just asked to play the most recent Superbowl, has the #1 album, and was featured on some 8 hour "Video Takeover" last night is hardly "irrelevant". Networks and sponsors somewhere, clearly see dollar sign relevance. You may want to come up with a stronger argument or, at minimum, a more suitable adjective.

Cujeaux

Is she trying to insinuate that Deadmau5 copped her look? This from the biggest ripoff artist of all time? It's so sad seeing her dressed like a roller derby queen trying to hide those veiny arms and fit in with the young techno crowd. Talking about herself again like anyone gives a sh*t. Demented old crow. Judging by the lukewarm reception and lack of response to her crap song, she's hated by the old AND young across the board.

Will to Self Motivate

Didn't all you idiots think that MDNA was short for - oh, my! - short for MADONNA??!! Get it? MDNA - Madonna? Morons.

Willa

From billboard.com:

"LUVIN' ' AND NOT LEAVIN': As previously reported, Madonna's legend on Billboard's Dance/Club Play Songs chart grows this week, as "Give Me All Your Luvin'," featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., rises 2-1 to become her 41st #1 single on the list. She pulls further ahead of runner-up Janet Jackson, who's banked 19 toppers.

The coronation adds yet another honor to Madonna's illustrious chart history.

If we include the Material Girl's leading entries on other active, current-based, domestic Billboard charts, her chart-topping total swells to a whopping and even 150 No. 1s.

Here are Madonna's No. 1 sums on the following lists:

2, Digital Albums
2, Digital Songs
2, Hot Digital Tracks
1, Pop Songs
1, Dance/Electronic Albums
1, Tastemaker Albums

Mirroring the tempo of so many of her hits, when it comes to topping Billboard charts, Madonna doesn't appear to be slowing down. "

Katie

Madonna. what a bitch.

Veritatis Amans

Madonna is SO smart and everyone else is stupid and common, get it? So she can drolly claim it was a friend's track she was referencing, riiiiight...

She was on a talk show, I don't remember which one, and she discussed the title of her album having many meanings, one of which SHE admitted was a reference to MDMA.

I like her music, but abhor the pretentious, sanctimonious, contrived persona into which she has evolved.

Anonymous

I know for a fact her answer is 100% truthful as I used to work with the girl who plays Molly in the music video she is referencing. Those of you saying she is lying are going to be eating your words when the video comes out.