Carson Daly

Gay People Wouldn't Have

Stopped Crazy JetBlue Pilot

3/28/2012 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carson Daly does not believe gay people would have been able to restrain the pilot who freaked out on a recent JetBlue flight ... suggesting gays are simply not brave enough to handle dangerous situations.

It all went down on Daly's L.A. radio show this morning ... when he was talking about the flight and said, "Most of the people were on their way to some sort of security conference in Las Vegas ... it was like a bunch of dudes and well trained dudes ... thank god."

He laughingly continued, "With my luck, it would be like ... 'this is the flight going to [the gay pride parade] in San Francisco ... I mean, that would be my colleagues."

Then, changing his voice to sound like a gay stereotype, Carson said, "Uh, we're headed down to Vegas for the floral convention."

update_bar
3:10 PM PDT -- Carson has released a statement on Twitter ... saying, "This morning on my radio show I attempted to make fun of myself & offended others by mistake. I sincerely apologize."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

joe

who?

Carl

I'm not Carson fan, but I would have thought he was smart enough not to make a public comment like that. Especially since he's been on TV hosting shows for 15 years. Also, he should realize a lot of gay men work out regularly and are pretty dang buff.

Bruno

> Carson's people had no comment.

I would be speechless too you know.

todd

2 words... NON STORY!

Rick Jacobs

Carson is a moron! Marc Bingham, once of the hero from flight 99 on 9/11, was gay. He founded the San Francisco FOG Rugby club after being a member of the rugby national collegiate champion at Cal Berkeley.

mikeman

"her der not enough people listen to carson daly, so they wouldn't have heard about this offensive thing he said, so let's post it on our website so everyone knows that carson daly made a bad joke about gay people to further our own agenda. her der!"

RUBEN

Now he is what I would call racist after all of the gay and lesbian people that fight for our country and you come out with something like that well you lost one listener on your radio station and I am probably speaking of others as well Carson has really changed my outlook on him.

NobodySpecial

Another day, another idiot who is going to have to write an apology.

FMB

I'm not sure what's worse - the fact that Carson Daly is one of the most obvious FLAMING closet cases in Hollywood - or the fact that he's totally clueless to the fact that gay men & women come in EVERY different type besides the stereotypical femmy twink. Big Muscle Marys & Big Bull Dykes would have NO problem subduing an unruly passenger.

Hey Girl Haaay

I have gay guy friends who would snap this *******s neck like a tooth pick. Never underestimate the strength of someone because of their gender or sexuality. I'm offended by his comments primarily for women. At the end of the day he's basically saying anyone who has a lot of estrogen wouldn't be able to subdue someone. I've seen women tackle men down for their purses. I remember when he was on KROQ. I wonder what happened to him. He was so smart and seemed like a gentleman. No wonder no one wants to work with him.

mikeman

by the way, you know tmz is scrambling for stories on days like today. carson daly said something offensive on a radio show?! the ex-drummer for korn got a dui?! lindsay's going to have to fill out paperwork to work in canada?! DAT JOURNALISM.

Carla S.

How quickly the world has forgotten that a gay man, Mark Bingham, a passenger on United Flight 93, was among the few passengers to charge the terrorists on 9/11 prior to the plane crashing in Pennsylvania...

Trooper Tom

There are some gay guys in my neighbourhood I'd dare Daly to say that to them, I know who'd be going to a floral convention

T

I wish Carson would make this comment at any gay pride and I bet you he would be taken out in a stretcher. Pls, come out and let us show you what us "Gays" can do.

VictoriaGirl

Carson is a huge douchebag. This is not news, we've all known this since the mid 90's.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments