Dweezil Zappa

Sued By Divorce Lawyer

3/29/2012 4:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0329_dweezil_zappa_ex_1
Dweezil Zappa has gotten a double whammy in his marriage -- first his wife filed for divorce, and now his divorce lawyer has sued him for not paying his bill.

According to the lawsuit -- obtained by TMZ -- Dweezil's lawyer, James Eliaser, claims Dweeze owes $37,498.75.

Dweezil's wife, Lauren Knudsen, filed for divorce in 2010.

According to Dweezil's retainer agreement, the former MTV VJ agreed to pay the lawyer $625 an hour.  Dweezil paid a $15,000 retainer at the beginning, but it all adds up quickly.

BTW, the retainer says Dweezil must pay $4 for the first page of any fax and $1 for additional pages.

We can't figure out where the 75 cents came from.

miss tia

that attorney is ripping Dweezil off! FIGHT IT DWEEZIL!!! love that tmz is covering Dweezil! he's awesome! :)

jason

I wanna yacht... how 'bout you?
Ninety feet long... with a ten man crew!

(google it.)

patty

i always thought he married his lisa loeb rebound girl

Bud

No enough "Dinah Moe Hum"

RachesRules

OMG I LOVE Dweezil!! Reminds me of Mtv in the 80's, before reality TV ruined it:(

VictoriaGirl

It should be illegal for lawyers to charge ridiculous amounts of money for basically doing nothing. $625 for just talking to their client? $50 for sending an email, etc. Outrageous.

Clytemnestra

My father was a lawyer for 57 years. My sister and her husband are both lawyers. Wait until I tell them this guy charges $625./hr. They will shoot!

Mike L

For those prices, he should sue them right back for being rip off artists. $625 an hour? Good luck crooks. $4 for one fax page and a dollar for each after that?? Please, it costs less then a nickel a page to send faxes. And given that the office most likely has unlimited calling, it shouldn't even cost that! I hope a judge tells this attorney to screw off. Who does he think he is a sports superstar? They're the only ones who get paid that well....... and drug dealers and rappers or drug dealing rappers.

Jack

What the wife doesn't take the lawyer does. Just say 'NO' to marriage boys. No matter how hot the chick is and you swear the sex will never get old, it will and so will she.

INeedFacebookFriends.com

my guitar wants to kill your lawyer.

Jim

Tell the loser attorney to write it off his taxes. SCREW 'em. Attorney fees are a scam.

Sharon

The $0.75 comes from billing a portion of an hour...for instance a 15 minute phone call would be billed at $156.25.

AS

I have not comment his divorce. However, I am just unlucky...All my working life, when I've opened bills from vendors, I look at some of the charges...It's insane what people can get away with. The last bill I opened had a travel charge for delivery that was 75% more than the cost of the item ordered. The company was only 2 miles away...It sucks to be honest and hard working...

media_lush

I can't believe that TMZ is accepting ad revenue from $cientology..... whoring itself out to a cult that destroys lives and worse is a disgrace!

Suzie

Just saw him on Kenny Wayne Shepherd's tour. He's great. Hope it all works out!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments