Earth, Wind & Fire

Maurice White Accused of

Stiffing DEAD Producer

3/30/2012 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0330_maurice_white_EX-02
Earth, Wind & Fire creator Maurice White is being sued for allegedly not forking over thousands of dollars to the guy who produced some of his biggest hits ... but there's a catch -- the producer DIED 36 years ago.

The man at the center of the controversy is Charles Stepney -- who produced a bunch of EWF hits from 1974 until his death in 1976 ... including Shining Star, Mighty Mighty, Devotion and Sing a Song.

But according to a new lawsuit, obtained by TMZ ... Stepney's children claim they recently discovered their dad NEVER got any royalty checks for his producer work on the EWF hits ... even while he was alive.

Now, they want Maurice ... along with Sony Music Holdings, Inc ... to fork over a HUGE check for all of the royalties they claim they deserve ... dating all the way back to 1974.

We reached out to Maurice for comment -- so far, no word back.

Ken

That's Mr. White leader of EWF he's older now "71"

Ken

That is Maurice White he's older possible toupee

victorywhite

Mr white ,his family made a vocal box fingerprint box and a spiritual realm theft box stole royaties checks from as a vocalist and the machine point in cyber space to give me cancer the family freeloaders live in all my estates with prostitutes that have been using my vocals since birth dope fiend i was exploited to force me to give my estates to the country free loader from tenness this family stole millions from record companys and child molest my little children all there life it shows on the government satilitte tv gsa they are federal notes theives stolen cash my stolen commissioner ship also my face shows on v and i am not there having sex with millions of men at one time a cult asick dope habit of sex drugs all members hate me the commissoner because i tell the truth the exploitation of oral sex on each channal and vaginal sex rapes of me beoing drugged by the estate theives in my family a court date in federal court each member hide from they stole my identity and is using a machine with my voice the surgerys of a vocal theft a machine pointed at the real singer me my social used and the machine of me drugged as a a minor raped by family members sent out to force me in to prostitution to get money and to stalk and lie on Iphones and watch the movie of me for all college students to learn of the exploitation machine made for me to force a penis in my mouth instead of amicrophone the hate of rape and a family of federalnotes being printed illegaly they watch the codes on sattilite on the conferere satilite each night to steal money this is a crime a federal offence and i tried getpeterpopoff to stop them and get my badge gold my name used a fraudulent police a fraudulent guard in the federal reserve catch thm on tv on the gov channel stealing printing stolen funds also,freaks that have fools that go with them greedy to die the lethal injection is not enough the electric chair i they use the extra electricity to break in to every federal reserve every night the rapist that poisond me for years with black smoke a drug from another planet to put me to sleep for decades so they can gang rape me again need emergency help they chase me with dogs on city streets like in the country the smell of rape by country kin i will send my debit card to go o amotel and hide they stole my money for my hotel to bath i am sending my card # RT031101169 ACC#962072106863284 card#48922201060...56523 Order the conference satilitte to get the reward for the phony federal note printers and the phony country commissioner,portraying to be me while they prostitute on my cia estates and lie on me break fcc regulation to block me from peterpopoff the federal government to stop them my cell is off but i needhis help to get my badge ,id cia go home to the spiritual realm to pick up my children and put my estates in trust my self to return to hire my new class of cia crew the legal Cia woke from being drugged woke in 2008 and 11 months made it back home to find my estates have illegal prostitution on them and my gun missing my respect for a lier i will not even listen to a tramp of coward generation with no honesty and vocal theives and parents to arrest for trying to force me into overrated sex no love a phon y marriage kids by men that raped me .i hate lesbians and gays and mary j blige relatives she was pleasing not here on child a prostitue father that played ticket game to be single and rich born rich so my family set up murder on raped me for children that needs to be at court or a hearing to go over contracts to get back what was stolen from as child know i am a adult i want my family to stay away and there freinds also a disconnention of all there devices on any of my children and my self i want nothing they have i owe them nothing love i will find in the spiriyual real after the attemtp murder on my life my children i want nothing nto do with humans as whore i want all the exploitation of me shown to the world to let people know how greedy my parents and there protitution ringis to break the contract on any of them ever being immortal after set up rapes on me as a minor .i want them to not have any control over my life or my children .i will stay back and forth in heavens gate on my estate i dont people please no one i am never going to my parents picked their life get out of mines as a parent born in the spiritual realm, look it up it exist thejealousy of my own parents that stole fromthe bragging onthe gov channel about me they put me in jail illegally tried to sell me as a minor whore.trying to give me cancer with electrical current i want them arrested for attempt murder epoitation and she had sugery to steal my vocal cords to give me cancer, a law suit. waiting on a courtdate federal i am the legal victory federal government

oj

Hell yeah that picture is Maurice White. Y'all trippin. He's wearing a toupee, dummies.

tomtom84

I am a huge EWF/ Maurice/ Charles fan. I know a lot of the background on how this happen through research and knowing certain band members. It was a lot lof lbales/producers that did not pay up upon Chrles demise and actually stole the rest of his work from the family during there time of need. Maurice is a standup guy and he is the lesser of teh offenders in this issuebut because he is one of teh most talented and notable in music, of course media will single him out for headline sales. Not sure on statute of limitations but if he does owe, he and all others should pay to the family. Charles Stepney was a Music Genuis like Maurice White.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3