Amanda Bynes

Arrested for DUI

After Clipping Cop Car

4/6/2012 8:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Amanda Bynes was arrested for DUI in West Hollywood
Amanda Bynes was arrested for DUI in West Hollywood early this morning ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Bynes was attempting to pass a cop car in her black BMW ... when she sideswiped the right rear panel of the vehicle. She was pulled over and cops determined she was not fit to be behind the wheel.

We're told the 26-year-old actress was busted at 3 AM ... she's still behind bars.

According to her booking sheet, Bynes is 5'7" and 125 lbs. Her bail has been set at $5,000.

Bynes has been frequenting the Hollywood party scene recently, hitting up several clubs over the last few weeks.

Just last month -- on St. Patrick's Day -- TMZ cameras saw Bynes leaving Greystone Manor, and thought she appeared to be extremely intoxicated. One of our cameramen even warned the valet not to let Amanda drive, but she got into the driver's seat anyway ... and took off (below).

A week before that, Amanda bolted from a cop while he was writing her a ticket. She was pulled over for talking on a cell phone, and while the cop was writing her up ... she drove away.

Amanda later swung by the police station and signed the ticket. So far, she hasn't faced additional charges stemming from that incident.

update_bar
We just got Amanda's mug shot ... it's to DYE for!

0406_amanda_bynes_pretty_footer

Ginger

I am so mad this girl is out drinking and driving did she not see that Penhall had been hit by a drunk driver take the keys away or put her in jail save a life.

Smarg

Her face is all pumped up from fillers. Gross!!

Marie

I'm disappointed. I am a fan and thought she was different. She seemed so mature with a good head on her shoulders and was avoiding partying on purpose like it wasn't even an interest for her. She would put down other celebrities saying it is easy to avoid the tabloids. Maybe this will shake her up since she used to have her priorities straight and get back on track. At least nobody was hurt.

BAtibol

life is how you make it

Sandra Barnes

Amanda, there are a lot of people who really care about you. I don't think they would like to see you breaking the law. Go talk to someone you really trust and talk things out, get them off your chest. I had hope you would stay in show business, you are a good actress. From what I have seen of your acting it was nice, you are very funny and I enjoyed the movie What A Girl Wants. You have a lot to offer, and would like to see you continue in the movies. God Bless you, and keep your chin up. Good Luck.

===

I still have a crush on her though...

I have 2 Cosmo mags and one Maxim featuring her, I've been following her on TV and web since 2003. She is the teen idol between the eras of Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus. Amanda Bynes wasn't a big star like Britney or Miley.

Jipper

I just might be seeing her soon since I work at an Alcohol And Drug Addiction Inpatient Rehab. I am sure by the end of Summer she will be checking into one.

thestupid

Drinking and driving is NOT a big deal. Its the idiots at MADD that take it over the edge. Arrest them for being wack-jobs.

ogilm001

Look at those legs

Nishima

Amanda Bynes - 10 year old stand up FUNNY :D

konaehukai

Why didn't the person that was saying she shouldn't be driving not call her in for a DUI? At least she got finally got popped. Celebs that get DIU's are morons. Get a limo or taxi.

Grouchy Smurf

It's comical reading all the comments here stating that Lohan has cleaned up her act when she clearly has not. Lohan was partying most of the night away at a bar just last night. TMZ is one of the few gossip sites that isn't carrying that story. As for Amanda... she's a little old to just now start acting like a petulant child. I don't think she's all there mentally.

salvadoroars

oh no my dear amanda. not that way too.

Nicole Elmore

Of course she will receive "special treatment" versus any other "normal" person who would have done the same thing.

Nicole Elmore

My Blog: http://myblog.nicoleelmore.com

Providing readers with tips, tricks, deals, and reviews in areas of Lifestyle, Shopping, Deals, Health & Beauty, Business, Travel and More

basia

Does she have a new movie etc coming out ....? Or she may be mad shes isnt getting tv time. I SUPPOSE its the first one, nonetheless, its sad to see Hollywood thriving of peoples misfortunes and making them infamous/ famous. Sad part is when society believes this behavior has validity .. ahhh Amanda, we already have Lindsey and Paris .. hit the rehab there is still hope for ya. Happy Easter ;0