Kelsey Grammer

A Hip New Tattoo

4/15/2012 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelsey Grammer got a new right hip tattoo.
57-year-old Kelsey Grammer rolled into a tattoo parlor to get his first ink job done ... and chose to tattoo his wife's name on his right hip. Not the most manly spot, is it?

The "Boss" star hit up Insight Studios in Chicago yesterday with wife Kayte Grammer ... where, according to one local report, the girl behind the counter asked him for ID because she didn't recognize him. Do they not have "Frasier" re-runs in Chicago?

One of the shop's tattoo artists tweeted the pic of Kelsey in the chair as he was getting the work done.

The ink reportedly cost only $60, the cheapest the store offers.

Perhaps next time he should shell out a little more ... and pick a less feminine location.

Kelsey Grammer Kayte Tattoo

Boomers

I have nothing against gay people, but when I first saw the picture there is no better word to use to describe it.

Hamptonsdude

Camille has been telling averyone he's gay. Maybe he shold have gotten the tramp stamp version...

Blueyz133

Number one rule of tattoos: NEVER tat a gf/bf's name on yourself. With as many divorces/broken relationships this man has had, he really should know better. Sounds like soemthing an insecure wife would make him do. If my significant other wanted to tat my name on his body, I'd hit him upside the head!!!

Zorbitor

What will Niles think?

Tigers Wood

Tattoo artist has a big G@Y grin going on, plus he's resting his arm on Kelso's peaness.

Maritza

Wonder if the artist saw his junk. It's like right in his face too.

srsly

HOLY **** a man got a girly tattoo?! Next thing you know they'll be giving women the right to VOTE. Reinforce gender stereotypes, STAT - this may get out of control.

foodle

Yuck. 50-somethings should not try to act like 20-somethings, even if his wife is that age.

Hope that ink lasers off easily.

Meggie24

I'm stuck. I can't find the phrase I'm looking for.

I think it's: "pathetic & adulterous old man desperately trying to stay relevant with his skanky child bride by getting a tat that he'll regret when she dumps him for a hot young guy in 2-3 years".

Yup. That's the phrase.

kitnplayn

OR.....maybe he could stop trying to recapture his youth by humping young girls and getting adolecent body art. He should conduct himself like the grandfather that he is. He is a bit of an embarrassment to his offspring as of late.

Telma

It's hard for me to look at him the same
way...he's a jerk!

Sideshow Bizzob

Between the hip and his wedding vows,I'm wondering which he'll break first.

paul

Overweight Middle age old man REALLY !!!! COME ON !!!

D

To tattoo someones name on you is the "kiss of death".

Caleigh

His next wife will not like that, it seems that when someone tats the name of the their mate onto themselves, a divorce usefully follows