'The Bachelor'

African Americans Will Sue --

We're Not Wanted

4/17/2012 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0417_the_bachelor_bachelorette_lawsuit_exd_
"The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" are about to get a thorny rose -- in the form of a lawsuit.

We're told the 2 plaintiffs -- both African Americans -- went to a Nashville hotel to audition for the role of bachelor. Christopher Johnson -- an aspiring NFL player -- claims when he arrived a producer asked him what he was doing there.

Johnson and the other plaintiff, Nathaniel Claybrooks, both say they were taken to the side of the room and left out of the normal audition process. Neither was called back, and they believe it's because of their race.

They will be filing a class action lawsuit in federal court Wednesday AM. We're told ABC, Warner Horizon Television, Next Entertainment, NZK Productions and creator Mike Fleiss, will all be sued.

0417_bachelor_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

the_truth_hurts

blacks will sue for anything

CJ

Oh brother, here we go....get a life, get a job people!

Santo

Ugh, it's an awful reality show. You should consider yourself lucky to not be on it.

bring back recent posts

....sue crazy USA...only ones making coin here will be the lawyers...( and not the ones on the side of the dudes), because I am presuming they can't hire a lawyer..and no way will they win this in order for their attorneys too get a percentage..so have fun wasting and tying the system up!...fools

Haithere

The race card is already old.

roxy

being black i will be the first one to say the black community is whining about everything these days.....makes me feel ashamed to be black...so f*ing what they don't want black people that show sucks anyways get over yourselves people

Amber

Wow, so sick of everything being about race! Regardless of which race is doing it, just sick of it, period!

jack-55d79

None of the videos on the TMZ front page are working for me. Just shows that circular loading symbol and stays there. The episode links, from the side-bar, work fine. Some Europe CDN thing?

pipa

united states of ...sue me sue you !!

ME

I did not get the gig either...It was because I was white...It was called affirmative action...It is legal to discriminate against me because I am white...suck a fat one!

CubanB

They gave Flavor Flav a dating show and look what happened!

Ragen Gillotte

First, if you are black and born in America, you are NOT African American, you are simply an AMERICAN. Second, please quit riding the minority train, you are now the majority. Please stop it, you are making the race look ignorant as a whole and they don't deserve it. Drop it, guys.

S

I'm suing the U.S government because I am white and can't get receive food stamp, and cant collect disability because I'm not a crack head that really unfair.

SwiftyCG

They wont hire me at fast food restaurants because I'm white so does that mean I should sue?

deteecher

Because they're black? Not because they are too ugly to be on television or lack a personality? They are tons of reasons people don't get chosen to be on reality shows. Why does EVERYTHING have to be about race?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments