'The Bachelor'

African Americans Will Sue --

We're Not Wanted

4/17/2012 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0417_the_bachelor_bachelorette_lawsuit_exd_
"The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" are about to get a thorny rose -- in the form of a lawsuit.

We're told the 2 plaintiffs -- both African Americans -- went to a Nashville hotel to audition for the role of bachelor. Christopher Johnson -- an aspiring NFL player -- claims when he arrived a producer asked him what he was doing there.

Johnson and the other plaintiff, Nathaniel Claybrooks, both say they were taken to the side of the room and left out of the normal audition process. Neither was called back, and they believe it's because of their race.

They will be filing a class action lawsuit in federal court Wednesday AM. We're told ABC, Warner Horizon Television, Next Entertainment, NZK Productions and creator Mike Fleiss, will all be sued.

0417_bachelor_footer

Nicoleasm

So when someone says "blacks shouldn't be on tv" or "no one wants to see blacks and whites dating on tv...get over it", are those racist comments or is that a nice, normal thing to say? Im curious b/c there seems to be a weird, implicit range of these statements that end with "it's not about race!"...Im not black, but I am educated and deductive reasoning comes easily to me. It seems to be lacking here. Do you guys think those statements are considered racist?

Haron

ASIANS AND JAPANESE AMERICANS WILL NEVER GET TO BE ON THE SHOW

Mikey

Can we all just get along and compromise by putting a couple of white women in black face on the show.

Lexi

Race card or not. Racist or not. No one could lie that there has never been a black person on the show. People say that all the time. And for those that say black people love screaming the race card. Things happen to black people everyday and we don't always scream the race card. Its just part of life. If your black and don't believe that black people go through that you live underneath a rock. Either that or you've been protected from it your whole life. The rest of us, have to deal with it.

Lexi

Jamie

Just because these 2 guys weren't interviewed or casted doesn't mean this show is racist. She could have been up front and honest and said she is only attracted to a certain type or maybe even a certain religion. The whole point of this show even though I think some of it is scripted to make the show more interesting is for a person to find love. My best friend of 15 years is a very attractive black male, but he isn't my type does that make me racist? even though I'm pretty I would never make it on the show cause I'm not skinny. If you notice you never see heavy girls on the show, but you don't see girls going after the show because they weren't casted because they don't have the perfect body to be on tv. I agree that too many people are sue happy. I think people just need to wait and see what happens on this season before they start jumping to conclusions. For all we know she may fall in love with a black guy or any other race besides a white guy. That is her choice of who she wants to fall in love with. In the end its only a show. Its not like the men were turned down for a job because of their race. If that were the case then yes they should have the right to suie but in this case they are just wanting money and 15 mintues of fame because they didn't make it on the show.

Gram

Im black and when think about it i've never seen no race beside white but hey its no party if you dont have one token black guy.Now to more important issue we are all humans with the same issues and insecurities but we need to stop finding reason to divide ourselves and wake up and appreciate the true beauty of life. I guess we all like to live in the past butt ther are kids mother father a people in general dying over race! lets wake up

Grouchy Smurf

"African Americans will sue"
----

That's odd, I'm "African American" and nobody asked me about suing this show that I don't watch and have never watched. I couldn't care less if they want an all white cast or not. Don't make your headlines so all inclusive in the future, TMZ. Despite what you white folks think, all us black folks don't actually know each other.

JUstin

When ratings starts to drop , that's when they conveniently bring in the blacks..lol - I mean , where's this coming from . Am sure , they are not the first to sue . Why is this in the news ? Yup , another desperate ratings ploy .I don't know any black person that cares about this show..lol

Jennifer

Since I am a lesbian should I be able to go after the show as well? because I wouldn't be allowed to be casted on either The Bachelor" or "The Bachelorette because of my sexual preference. I would consider that discrimination as well, but you don't see me going after the show.

JUstin

Jennefer , don't get worked up over nothing ..Trust me , Real black people don't care about this show..ROFL

Grace

Are we really going to pretend that racial discrimination does not exist in this country? To this day despite the contributions of women's lib women are still not getting equal pay as men for the same work done.( Remember the Walmart scandal.) So it's not far fetched that racial inequalities still do exist. Black president or not. "The race card" will stop being played when racism ceases to exist.

gibby

what can i say that has not already been said, f**kn raisins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ernest De Brew

I love hearing about this. I am getting tired of the discrimination. Someone has to put an end to it.

just because

they also discriminate against old people who are retired. just saying