'The Bachelor'

African Americans Will Sue --

We're Not Wanted

4/17/2012 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0417_the_bachelor_bachelorette_lawsuit_exd_
"The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" are about to get a thorny rose -- in the form of a lawsuit.

We're told the 2 plaintiffs -- both African Americans -- went to a Nashville hotel to audition for the role of bachelor. Christopher Johnson -- an aspiring NFL player -- claims when he arrived a producer asked him what he was doing there.

Johnson and the other plaintiff, Nathaniel Claybrooks, both say they were taken to the side of the room and left out of the normal audition process. Neither was called back, and they believe it's because of their race.

They will be filing a class action lawsuit in federal court Wednesday AM. We're told ABC, Warner Horizon Television, Next Entertainment, NZK Productions and creator Mike Fleiss, will all be sued.

0417_bachelor_footer

LunarJunk

Honestly, who really watches this show? I've seen previews of this and it looks extremely scripted and dreadful! This whole article is so stupid! Does anyone really find love on these shows? Most of the men don't even come on the show to find love anyway! They only get on it to get more exposure! If This man wants a dating show, apply for one at VH1. It worked for Ray-gay,ochocinco, and flavor flav.

mike

It is funny that the article sys they think it was about color. These shows are about personality and chemistry and most of all ratings. They are just sore losers. Why can't they see that the Miss Black America, Congressional Black Caucus, etc, etc are causing division but they do not mention this. The woman probably thinks she is the next kardashian and as such also has no talent.

Chrys

For all of you saying it's a race issue. Guess what IT IS A RACE ISSUE. Now stop being so dayum upset about it. This is the problem, ya'll getting tired of "race issues" then stop doing it. So simple. Yet we make it even harder for ourselves. And for the blacks saying that they are ashamed. Be ashamed at yourself for not being proud of who you naturally are. There will always be race issues. Once we tackle our fears about race THIS kind of stuff will stop happening. Stop assuming that every single time a black person screams about race we're complaining. STOP DOING IT, then we won't complain. Shame on you all for being so comfortable in being ignorant and trying to negate someone else experience. You weren't there so HOW IN THE **** are you supposed to tell them how they should feel or what they felt at the time??? *ANGRY*

Vanessa

this is clearly not a reality tv show cuz all the real white women I know all want to date black guys....!!!! and all the black men I know all have 7 white women each and 14 mix kids each.. I mean something is fishy with this society but right now I'M just ROTFLMBAO.!

David

I am going to file a class action for my people since I cant be apart of anything on BET. I'm sure it's race related.

tattoosgirl311

I guess, im the one having issues with the fact that @abc did this to these people. its wrong what happen and yes they should get sue. yes the race card is old but F*ck people, clearly this happen here. and side note not even black. so, i dont want to see some lame a$$ comment about only black people are for this.

Angel

So why weren't they called back. Honestly they have a legitimate reason to sue. But of course, if a survey was conducted...who watches The Bachelor any way? Caucasians!!! cause I am almost certain, there aren't any non caucasian male or female are sitting around competing for a man or woman on television. REALLY WHO DOES THAT? Oh my bag....The caucasian persuasion.

Rachelle

Go Figure...this isnt surprising...they are always wanting attention someway or another. **** is getting old.

problemg1

Check out the ratings of Flavor of Love and compare them to this bachelor show, the race card will never disappear, black people are the most entertaining people in the world, we got soul,swagger,and charisma. So keep ya punk ass show, well stick to the billion dollar music industry, that we so happen to dominate, EVERYBODY WANNA BE A ***** BUT DONT NOBODY WANNA BE A *****.

Glory Bee

Guess what, not everyone wants to be in a bi-racial relationship.

Paul

That show is so horrible I would hope they would discriminate against me so I wouldn't have to be a part of that crap. These guys should send them a fruit basket not a lawsuit. Get a life guys.

Joe

If they win this I'm suing BET.

me

@ the_truth_hurts......wow so uncalled for..#racist

Ty

They should sue Pikachu for being yellow!! >={

butterfly kisser

White women LOVE black men though...it's about time they had a Black bachelor