Britney Spears

Closing $15 MILLION Deal

To Judge 'X Factor'

4/18/2012 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Britney Spears and X Factor have struck a deal
Britney Spears
and "X Factor" have struck a deal that will line the singer's pocket to the tune of $15 million for next season ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Britney's team and "X Factor" big wigs are working out "the fine points" of the deal, but the major terms are locked.

Once the final contract is drafted and signed ... it will go to Jamie Spears, Britney's daddy and conservator, as well as lawyers for the conservatorship. If they sign off, it must then go to the judge who oversees the conservatorship for approval.

Sources connected with the deal tell us ... it's a "virtual certainty" everyone will sign off. By the way, we're told Jason Trawick is "very involved" in the negotiations.

Simon Cowell, the "X Factor" Executive Producer, told us on TMZ Live Tuesday, "I would love to have her on the show. I think she would be a fascinating person to sit next to." Simon said they may make an announcement within a week.

Britney would fill one of two vacant seats on the judging panel. She's also way more expensive than the castoffs -- Nicole Scherzinger reportedly pulled in $1.5 million, while Paula Abdul raked in $2.5 mil.

"X Factor" refused to confirm or deny our story.

0418_x_factor_season_highlights_footer_v2

sirhustler

Life gonna move on but let the memory neva be forgotten.

♥TMZ but ...

$15M for someone who became famous for exploiting her youth with sexually explicit outfits because she has a terrible voice
lip syncs
wears no underwear
oh ... and pretends to be a virgin

Jo

I think it's a great idea. Great deal for Simon. Everyone will watch now for whatever there reasons are.he knows what he's doing. I can't wait.

campy

Lame. I'd MUCH rather see Gwen Stefani on the show. Britney Bpears is DAMAGED GOODS. DON'T CARE! BOOO!

tracker

I got to say,i think britts father needs to be thanked big time for stepping in and saving her,he took much grief at that time,also kevin federline ALSO stepped up and really did take control of the children and fully worked together with britts parents for a smooth transition..happy that britt is getting her life back..

Barry D

Will he fire her after HE makes another mistake?It was his HORRIBLE advice to Drew("sit down and sing fast MJ song as a ballad")that not only got her elimanated but caused Rachel Crow's as well.

Max

BRITNEY SPEARS, worth every penny and then some

Joan K

This has to be a joke, right? All I think of when I hear this broad's name is airhead. Simon must love having these airheads as judges, it keeps the show interesting.

Jackie

So TMZ you're reporting on unfinished project or deal??hmm!!...what a pointless post.

SheisHot

This poor girl has become a money making botnet. I feel sorry for her.

FLO

I thought this show is about TALENT.

B

That's it! I'm applying to be a judge, too. Clearly, possessing the ability to SING is not a requirement!! Yea!

Truth

OH MAN, A COMPLETE HYPED UP FAIL!! BRIT BRIT LIP SYNCS, LIP DANCES, INTERVIEWS ARE ALL PRE-RECORDED SCRIPTED AND EDITED, AND NEEDS DADDY TO WATCH OVER HOW HER BRAIN WORKS A LA CONSERVATORSHIP. WHAT AN #EPICFAIL. KEY POINT - SHE CAN'T SING THOUGH SHE CAN MENTOR CONTESTANTS THE HIGH POINTS OF AUTO-TUNE. #TRUTH!!

Kari

In other words, the show is not doing well in the ratings, and Simon is desperate. I think people may watch in the beginning a bit, but then won't.

Rhubino

Is she capable of stringing two coherent sentences together without giggling and saying "like" nine times? Not hating here but I don't think she is. Bad move all around.