Denis Leary

Dick Clark Was a 'Leather-Faced

Syrup-Voiced Lizard Person'

4/18/2012 3:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0417_denis_leary_dick_clark_casey_casem_getty
Dick Clark's only been dead a few hours ... but the roasting has already begun ... this time, it's Denis Leary leading the charge.

Leary went to his Twitter a few minutes ago and wrote, "With Dick Clark dead, Casey Kasem now reveling in his status as last and reigning king of leather faced syrup voiced lizard people."

There's more -- Denis wrote, "I'm gonna package a Dick Clark Hologram mc'ing a Tupac Hologram summer tour."

So, we gotta as ask ...

Robbie

It's not too soon....that was just completely unfunny....

Larry

In 50 years Dick Clarke will still be remembered but no one can remember that smart ass, quasi-comedian with the gap between his teeths' name ;)

Nancy

Way cold, Leary. What is the point of this hate???

Nostradamus

That's cold...but the Tupac hologram joke is pretty funny.

Stormy

Dipsh*t Leary just made it very apparent that his career is in the sh*tter, and this is just a sad and desperate attempt to get some publicity. How sad for this moron.

bubblezzz

TMZ strikes again...Really? I wouldn't have even posted his ignorance. TMZ is just as guilty as Dennis...Shame on you

VictoriaGirl

Your staffers are also tweeting "jokes" about this mans death.

E

WOW. I used to really like Dennis Leary, talk about no class!! That really isnt funny and it makes me wonder why he feels the need to slam someone who isnt even lukewarm yet, BAD FORM!

Fat Mike

Dennis is just jealous he doesn't have the syrup voice.

VictoriaGirl

One of tmz's staffers (@ItsRickMitchell)tweeted the following:
1.Dick Clark is dead. It's too soon for jokes...but if it wasn't I would say that his doctor counted down his death...3, 2, 1...

2.They just made Dick Clark's hologram an hour ago...and it just died 12 minutes ago

kate

You would think a celebrity site would spell a celebrity's name correctly. It's Denis not Dennis.

Bridget

If you worried about Denis Leary's comment effecting Clarks family blame the MEDIA thats reporting it. Yea I'm really sure when Clark died his family first reaction was to check Denis Learys twitter.

I'm a Denis Leary fan. This seems pretty mild compaired to other things he has said. I think it is probibly a watered down version of what came to his head.

He has said plenty of things that have ticked me off. But I just think if I'm going to go looking through his twitter...I asked for it, so oh well.

And Leary makes fun of his own looks plenty. Infact I watched a rerun of "Rescue Me" last night and they were talking about how he looks like Opie.

Have you read Learys twitter? This isn't him screaming for any more attention then he already does. It's the same kind of stuff he always says.

This is the media wanting to create more drama so they thought to themselves "Hey I will just check a twitter page of a comedian that says controversal things".

I doubt the Clark family gives a :bleep: about what Denis is thinking.

iFart

Why would you even post what he says TMZ? You're just drawing attention to crass humor at the expense of Clark's grieving family. No one but Leary's fans would have heard about his comments otherwise. And your employees are ****bags for making jokes too.

anon

F*CK Dennis Leary

KicksandGiggles

What the hell is wrong with people? Are there no limits or standards of behavior? Is anything or anyone to be treated with just a little respect?! Making light of Clark's death or anybody else's death is truly low. The man has a family and friends who are in mourning! Pretend you have decency and STFU if you have nothing decent to say!! RIP DICK CLARK!!