'Basketball Wives' -- Nia Crooks

Charged with Battery

for Insane Slap Attack

4/20/2012 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0420_jennifer_williams_nia_crooks
"Basketball Wives" star Nia Crooks has been charged with misdemeanor battery for pimp slappin' the taste out of Jennifer Williams' mouth back in January ... TMZ has learned.

A rep for the Broward County State's Attorney's Office tells us ... officials decided to file the charge on April 10 ... after Williams filed a criminal complaint.

If convicted, Nia faces up to a year in the slammer.

During the incident, which aired on last week's episode of "Basketball Wives" -- Nia can be heard threatening to slap Jennifer ... to which Jennifer replied, "I wish you would." Her wish was granted.

update_bar

4:39 PM PST --
Nia's lawyer Marc David Seitles tells TMZ ...  "We will vigorously defend Nia against these charges. The women on the show executed contracts expressly accepting the risk that a physical altercation could occur."

The lawyer adds, "Given that Jennifer herself has previously instigated fights on the show, to cry foul now is absurd and a desperate attempt for publicity and money. We will fight until Nia is vindicated."

0419_basketball_wives_slap_video

Tina Watson

The producers should be sued by Jennifer!....Evelyn is a child in a woman's body. How can you call yourself a mature adult and act the way you do.....I used to like this show, but it has now turned into a joke......"you can take the girl out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl." It is so sad to see these females treat each other this way, I say "females" because a classy woman would not act like a fool in public.....I noticed that Evelyn is going all out on Jenn and Kenya,trying to do bodily harm to them because of comments they made.....but when Susie made comments about Evelyn Screwing somebody in Las Vegas....all Evelyn did was curse her out and not talk to her for a while.....hmmmmmmm..........makes you wonder.........scared of the white girl Evelyn?.Tammi too.........I didn't see either one of them trying to hit Susie because of her comments.......these females need to grow up......I'm done watching this show!

pamela hall

nia and evelyn needs to know that you can't put your hand on anyone if you do then you pay the price for your actions, da show was a joy to watch but you must be fair bout things da show took a turn when evelyn threw da bottle of wine at the racetrack and now guess tammy feeling left out so now she acting out in the next show wat da hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TekeelaSunrise

These ladies need to get a clue. What they are doing....not cute, but I guess what they say is true...trash sells.

macy

i she had no business slapping jen/i would file charges/on evelynaii so

Yvette

Evelyn brought her to the event for an altercation. She is the biggest bully on the show; I feel she should be charged with conspiracy.

Tee

THANK GOD JEN IS SUING NIA COOK FOR PUBLICLY EMBARRASSING JENNIFER, AND VICIOUSLY ATTACKING JENNIFER, AND CREATING SUCH A HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT! I WAS HURT FOR JENNIFER. I'VE HAD TO MOVE AWAY FROM THIS SHOW IT IS EVIL! THE WOMEN ACT LIKE SATAN USES THEM TO REPEAT WHAT OTHERS SAY (SUZI), START MESS AND FIGHTS (SHAUNIE) ATTACK PEOPLE (NIA COOKS, TAMI ROMAIN, EVELYN LOZADA)! EVIL PIECES OF TRASH!

Dina

THANK GOD JEN IS SUING NIA COOKS FOR PUBLICLY EMBARRASSING JENNIFER, AND VICIOUSLY ATTACKING JENNIFER, AND CREATING SUCH A HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT! I WAS HURT FOR JENNIFER. I'VE HAD TO MOVE AWAY FROM THIS SHOW IT IS EVIL! THE WOMEN ACT LIKE SATAN USES THEM TO REPEAT WHAT OTHERS SAY (SUZI), START MESS AND FIGHTS (SHAUNIE) ATTACK PEOPLE (NIA COOKS, TAMI ROMAIN, EVELYN LOZADA)! EVIL PIECES OF TRASH!

AND MEEKA PLEASE SUE THE BOOTS OFF OF TAMI

Dina

Although I'M GLAD, SUPER GLAD JENNIFER HAS PRESSED CHARGES, I've been saying what you said for days. JENNIFER SUPPORTED EVELYN WHILE SHE ATTACKED OTHERS, SHE WAS THERE AND STOOD BY HER SIDE WHILE SHE MISTREATED OTHERS. THAT'S WHY JEN RAN TO HAVE HER ATTR WRITE THE LETTER ABOUT GETTING HIT, BECAUSE (AFTER AL REYNOLDS LET HER KNOW EVELYN WAS ANGRY) JEN KNEW EVELYN WOULD BE ATTACKING HER BECAUSE JEN HERSELF HAD SUPPORTED EVELYN WHEN SHE ATTACKED OTHERS.

JEN YOU ARE RIGHT TO PRESS CHARGES BUT REMEMBER WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

A SNAKE ALTHOUGH A FRIEND, WILL TURN RIGHT AROUND AND BITE YOU TO.

Meme

Have ever noticed that Shaunie says just enough to get something started between the "girls:. They think she is all that and she is just using them to line her pocket! They are all a disgrace - do real ladies really act like that? Shaunie just sits back and smiles, you can see the dollar signs in her eyes - some friend. She is just using them. they are all a bunch of uneducated bullies.

KnoteeLdy

Tami WAS my girl, but she is just a bully now. I can't stand what she has become. I like Kesha and she does not deserve what Tami is doing to her and I hope she presses charges aginst Tami is she is struck.

Tami your AZZZ talks about people behind their backs too. They just don't have Suzie running back and telling as I know she is behind it all before I see tomorrow's show.

In either case no one has to talk to you about talking about you. Grow up you big bulley. You dont get to beat folks up, verbally or physically just because they said something about you when you were not there. YOU ARE WRONG and people should not have to take getting beat up just because they come on that show. Producers you need to take responsibility for what you put out there and stop allowing those who don't fight get beat up by those ignorant ones on the show. Tami you have allen to Evelyn's level and that is pretty low,.

You beating up on the defensely is just as bad as raping a defensely person. It is all abuse, STOP IT.

KnoteeLdy

Please Jen did not instigate fights previously. She and her ex had a problem that was between them. She made it clear in a previous show that she did not fight. Producers knew that and should have prorected her. Nia should have to pay the price and Eve for inciting the mess.

ty

jen ass got exactly what she deserved! when she was all up in evelyn ass she wasnt acting scared then so what she acting scary for now! grow up and get a damn back bone first it was eric throwing the drink in your face now its somebody ASSISTANT putting hands on you!! woman you better get it together!!!!!!

katbunny

Jennifer has never been one to "instigate" fights on the show. Maybe she needs to consider suing this lawyer for liable...

Amber gantt

Yes she need to go to jail I hope that Eve. got her ass out of jail because she took her to the race track so she could see Nia slap Jen so I am going to see if Eve pay her lawyer fees.I don't know why Vh1 feel that Jen is bring they show down Shaunie and Tammi and Eve had a part in bring down that show for real......

btrishawn

Im happy something was done to nia's ass i cant stand that bitch i wish she wouldve slapped me like that i would have kicked her ass me. Don't get mad because u dont have **** going for urself, ur working to be evelyns assistant thats still no money bitch go sit ur tired ass down somewhere. Just because someone say " I WISH U WOULD" so if someone tell ur dumb ass to jump off the bridge ur stupid ass would do it? Well u would because u have no class, no money, and nothing to show ur paid. lol IJS