Rodney King on Trayvon Martin

Was Caught on Tape

4/24/2012 7:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

042312_rodney_still

Rodney King tells TMZ ... he sincerely hopes Trayvon Martin's family will eventually get justice ... but says Trayvon's case makes him realize how lucky he was to have his beating captured on tape.

Just days before the 20 year anniversary of the L.A. riots, King was in NYC promoting his new book in which he describes his journey through the violence ... from the infamous beating at the hands of LAPD officers ... to his public plea for peace.

Now, with the Trayvon Martin case stirring up similar emotions as his legal saga  ... King says the judicial system is a "slow process" .... and adds, "I'm hoping he gets justice for his family ... 'cause he's no longer here, so for his family."

King went on to talk about how his own life is finally heading in a positive direction ... but noted, "Luckily I got [my attack] seen on tape."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

j

MORON

Jack

Have another drink Rodney.

Fat Mike

With all the money he spent, I'm tipping his sinuses are burning for another reason.

MArk

Rodney King is a sorry excuse for a human being.

b.mclane

King suffers from revisionist history. He got a deserved beat down AFTER he drove wildly in a long car chase endangering hundreds of people.BIG people high on crack are not easily subdued.Its the RACE BAITERS and s*** like Jackson and Sharpton who made it a racial thing. Since then King has been in NON STOP trouble.

timmons

Speaking of crackheads...

MArk

Rodney King is a sorry excuse for a human being.

Truth

YEA, HE'S A PERFECT SPOKESPERSON FOR CIVIL RIGHTS... DUDE HAS BEEN CAUGHT FOR DUI LIKE A DOZEN TIMES SINCE THE INCIDENT. AS FOR HIS BURNING SINUSES - STOP SNIFFING THE CRACK BRUTHA!! HIS NEW STATEMENT SHOULD "JUST SAY NO" AND "CAN WE ALL GET ALONG AFTER THE F*CKING 7TH TIME AFTER REHAB?". #TRUTH!!

makeitstop

he's lucky to have his beating on tape so he can make a career out of it

haskel420

RODNEY KING WAS HIGH AND DRUNK WHEN HE ATTACKED THE COPS AND THE COPS WERE FOUND NOT GUILTY.. GREAT CHOICE OF SOMEONE TO INTERVIEW..!!

verbatim

[Rodney King] sincerely hopes Trayvon Martin's family will eventually get justice...

This statement makes the assumption that Zimmerman is guilty and Martin is innocent. We don't yet know what happened.

When King says "justice" does he mean a fair trial for Zimmerman or an automatic guilty plea? Will King (and the public) be happy with a trial and a verdict of "not guilty"?

verbatim

Pimpcessa

"Thank god his beating was caught on tape"? Well, Rodney, it's too bad the WHOLE FRIGGIN SCENE WASN'T CAUGHT ON TAPE! This man has been in trouble since he slid out of his mommas va-jay-jay. He's also responsible for allowing Sharpton and Jackson to misconstrue his "attack" into something it wasn't. Good job azzhat!

haskel420

"It's not one day that goes by that I don't think about the incident ... I get these headaches ... when I [sniff], my sinuses start burning." THEN STOP DOING COCAINE..!! ITS BURNED A HOLE IN UR FnCKIN NOSE

haskel420