Rodney King on Trayvon Martin

Was Caught on Tape

4/24/2012 7:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

042312_rodney_still

Rodney King tells TMZ ... he sincerely hopes Trayvon Martin's family will eventually get justice ... but says Trayvon's case makes him realize how lucky he was to have his beating captured on tape.

Just days before the 20 year anniversary of the L.A. riots, King was in NYC promoting his new book in which he describes his journey through the violence ... from the infamous beating at the hands of LAPD officers ... to his public plea for peace.

"It's not one day that goes by that I don't think about the incident ... I get these headaches ... when I [sniff], my sinuses start burning."

Now, with the Trayvon Martin case stirring up similar emotions as his legal saga  ... King says the judicial system is a "slow process" .... and adds, "I'm hoping he gets justice for his family ... 'cause he's no longer here, so for his family."

King went on to talk about how his own life is finally heading in a positive direction ... but noted, "Luckily I got [my attack] seen on tape."

Harden Sucks

James Harden always does his little get in the way of a player running downcourt and look away like he's not doing it on purpose. I want to hit him every game. Thankfully, he got his comeuppance courtesy of World Peace!!!

Lynn

Yeah and this devine comment comes from a drug and alcohol abuser trying to get his 15 minutes of fame off of a reality TV Rehab show. he is just adding to an already disgraced feeding frenzy .

Harden Sucks

EastCoastChopper

Rodney is street fo'sho! - Dude from day one - always wanted peacefull resoultion to his case...even during the mayhem... No saint fo'sho! but I admire dude - a little.

Having said dat! I would take the ass kicckin he got once on Wednesday and twice on Sunday - for HALF of the $3.5 Million he got.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

This clown is still around? Geez!

john wayne gacy

rodney kings name in spanish is pronounced PINATA;

Truth

Rodney King deserved everything the cops did to him, and more. He took the cops on a high speed chase through a residential neighborhood while high on drugs. They should have thrown him under the jail.

diane

If Obama had a son he'd look...

dedimension1

LMAO @ the Drunken Loser

Christy

I think I am the only one who ever defends ol Rodney. I just feel bad for him for some reason. He just seems sad and lost to me. He did look decent this time...meaning not high or drunk.

dedimension1

Lets see first they ask Tyson what he thinks, now Rodney.
Who next O.J. LMAO at these roll models !!!!!!!

Myles

Say what you like about Rodney, either High, Crackhead, Deadbeat no one deserved to be beating they way we was. 4 white racist and one foolish blackman. Do the math. This country has made progress, but when it comes to Justice we still lack. Sadly it took this incident for Trayvon to come to light. THERE IS A TRAYVON BEING KILLED EVERYDAY.

Big D

Rodney King is a sorry excuse for a so called victim. Damn he has been arrested at least 12 times. Apparently that beating didn't do him any good.

Carriss

Yea, 'cause a DUI arrest is so "peaceful" and really seems like he's turning his life around.

He needs to just shut up. He got what he deserved. When you don't listen to the police, especially in a volatile situation like what was going on around that time... the police have a tendency to beat the crap out of you. They don't know if you're armed or if you're a danger to them, they just know you're not listening and they have to try to control the situation.

GMxA

sorry excuse for a human being. wasn't he high on crack and speeding through a residential neighborhood?

crackhead