'Biggest Loser' Wedding

NO BOOZE ALLOWED

5/2/2012 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0501_biggest_loser_wedding_launch"Biggest Loser" contestant Joe Messina's recent nuptials violated the one cardinal rule of weddings everywhere -- GET EVERYONE WASTED -- because booze was NOT allowed at the party.

TMZ broke the story ... the former Season 13 contestant tied the knot recently in Michigan -- and 12 other current and former contestants attended -- but the wedding party lacked a key ingredient .... alcohol.

Sources tell us ... the groom and his "Loser" guests are serious as a heart attack when it comes to their new healthy lifestyle -- so they axed all forms of alcohol from the menu (alcoholic drinks contain a lot of calories). Thankfully, we're told the crowd -- which was pretty religious -- didn't drink much anyway.

But Joe's reign of terror didn't end there -- we're told he also subbed a real wedding cake for low-fat pumpkin cake pops ... and served only food from the "Biggest Loser Cookbook" ... such as:

-- Grilled Chicken with Mango, Thai Quinoa Salad
-- Tossed Salad
-- Fresh Fruit Salad
-- Asian Chopped Salad
-- Salad Salad

0501_biggest_loser_wedding_food
And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse ... we're told the guests actually WORKED OUT before the ceremony.

No one was injured.

bagladey

Sounds like a snooze-fest worthy of a gift from the bargain bin.

justsaying23

You are all losers. I think the food looks pretty tasty, it's their day, they get to pick the food. As for the alcohol, I've been to a wedding where there was no alcohol and I still had a great time, everyone did. If you need alcohol to go to a wedding, maybe you should find an AA meeting instead. I've been to weddings with open bars and things can get out of control and completely ruin the day for everyone.

A wedding is a ceremony in committment to each other, what they do at the reception is their business...the tone of the TMZ post is just lame. I'm ashamed to say that you sound like typical American's that only care about pigging out on unhealthy food and drinking till your livers explode.

me

We didn't have alcohol at our wedding, no one got drunk and we all still had a wonderful time. It was a small on the beach and we did a subway platter and had wedding cake. I don't understand why people feel they have to get drunk in order to enjoy something. My wedding day was the best day of my life and i did it all sober

Just Karen

I was at a wedding once when the parents who planned and paid for the wedding were t-totaller's and didn't drink at all and no alcohol was allowed. Well, everyone ate dinner and then left. The whole reception was over by 8 p.m., then the parents were upset because everyone left early and no one stayed to dance and talk.

alisha

I am all for staying healthy but this is supposed to be one of the most special days of your life. It looks like they got together for a bbq and then decided what the hek, we'll just get married right here. I hope they took the money they got for selling these pictures and at least had a nice honeymoon.

Greg

Good for them. Alchohol is for losers anyway.

ManiacalZebra

If the happy couple was happy, it doesn't matter if anyone else approves of the ceremony, location, or reception. Congratulations!

MaryAnn Mings

I am left wondering what is the reason the writer of this story is so unenlightened. A life style change is life changing! No need to trash this with with "if it can't get any worse", make this a story about "if this can even get better..." to develop this as a positive news story. Disappointed with the slant of making negative about a delightful life story.

truc10

just live a little people. lifes not long enough if you drink or not.

superbadnerves1

They are going to need alcohol to keep their minds off their growling stomachs WHERES THE BEEF?

Kelly

They're fat.

Kreistina

Leave them alone! They got married how they wanted, not like those million dollar weddings. Spending tons of money on one day. They are keeping up with the "Biggest Loser" way of life. I bet, they don't wanna go back to the weight they were before. Have an open mind, for goodness sake!

Celina

AND they want a gift???? I would have thrown my invite in the trash!! A couple of months married, and they'll be drinking plenty of alcohol!

Gretel

Just because they have a problem with food and alcohol why are their guests subjected to some cheap ass wedding? On the other hand, this looks like a wedding with the Clampetts before they struck it rich. I give it a few years tops.

K. Rivers

There is a beer in picture 23.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments