'Days of Our Lives' Star

Files for Divorce

From 'Smallville' Husband

5/6/2012 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Lindsay & Justin Hartley Divorce
"Days of our Lives" star Lindsay Hartley has filed for divorce from "Smallville" actor Justin Hartley ... TMZ has learned.

Lindsay filed the docs in L.A. County Superior Court, citing "irreconcilable differences."

The couple met back in 2003 while both starring on the soap opera "Passions" -- and were married a year later. They have a 7-year-old daughter.

Since "Passions," Lindsay has starred on "All My Children" and "Days of Our Lives."

Lindsay is asking for joint physical and legal custody. So far, no word back from Justin.

Butters_Creamy_Goo

Tesla_Consulting

I was a background performer once on Smallville. I was pretty freakin awesome

John

she was only on dools for like a year but passions for much longer and she is a dool star?

she played a 2nd tiers sister who died my good are you guys mad.. Next time talk to Shevonne before posting a stupid ass story

soapoperafanatic

Too bad. I'm a big fan of Lindsay and saw them both on Passions. Lindsay is very talented. I liked her on Days. She played the sister of one of the show's biggest stars, Rafe Hernandez (played the the fantastic Galen Gering, who played her brother on Passions too), but the writers never really gave her the attention they gave her brother. She was much better on Passions, as wacky as it was, and AMC, where they wrote a lot of good material for her and let her play a mature character. Too bad AMC ended, I liked her pairing with David Hayward.

Maverick

Lindsay is really hot. If you need a rebound relationship, Lindsay, please let me know.

AnarchyontheShortBus

Usually when I hear about celebrity breakups I usually don't care, but I can genuinely say that this one upset me to a small degree. I grew up watching Lindsay on Passions, and thought she was awesome. Even though the material became utter crap later on, she still made the character her own. And when Justin came on I thought they were perfect together. Sadness...

E

Hey TMZ, she is by no stretch of the imagination a "Days of our Lives" star, no matter what Chevonne says.

She was a crap actor on Days, whose character was related to another crap actor who we also wish we could get rid of -- at least, everyone who wants to watch people who can act instead of just people they are hot for, wishes they could get rid of (If only Passions would come back so they could take all their crap actors back)

GX

OK, what did he do.

GX

Ok do we know for reals this is not an attention seeking ploy. These are celebrities after all, they may be just be looking for a little fame from white lies.

People dont just divorce out of the blue, unless someone cheated or is in the closet.

SweetGaPeach

Noooooooooooo! They're so cute together.

Paulette Madeley

Too bad. I really like those two. I saw Justin first on Smallville and didn't know who she was until she joined All My Children. Maybe they can work things out. I wish them the best.