'American Idol'

We Really, Really Want

Jennifer Lopez Back

5/16/2012 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0516_jennifer_lopez_american_idol_article
Jennifer Lopez isn't sure if she'll come back for a third season of "American Idol," but the big cheese on the show says he wants her back in the worst way.

"A.I." EP Nigel Lythgoe tells TMZ, "We want her back. I want her back." Nigel is reacting to Lopez' comment on "Ellen," saying, "I don't know if I can go for a third year. I miss doing other things. It really does lock you down."

Nigel says, "I know how much she loves doing the show and how much she cares for the kids."  That said, Nigel adds, "It's a business. She has to weigh everything. I know she's gotten lots of offers to do movies and other things."

Ever the optimist, Nigel says by saying she "doesn't know" if she'll come back, it's classic negotiations, which means the door is open. Welcome to Hollywood.

051612_jlo_ellen_launchv2

janet

The only good thing about American Idol was Kelly Clarkson that was what 12 years ago. Of course winners but for the most part they go nowhere after the initial win.

tracker

BTW, Forbes has this ingrate as making $52,000,000 in the last 12 monthes,need I say more.Fire her Ass.

Larry

The expiration date of this show has long since come & gone. Next?

Allison

She's too nice. They should replace her with Sinead O'Connor. You'll get the tactless truth plus higher ratings if she goes bat-shi** nuts on air. I would watch that.

anon

She's awful, in fact all the judges are crap on that show. I stopped watching it last year it was so bad. America's got Talent is sooooo much better!

pat

get Lea Salonga to be the next female judge please.

LunarJunk

I'm guessing she wants more money.

gutsygirl

So...two of the three in that video have slept with P Diddy. Creepy?

RedwoodPerch

If she doesn't sign, she notoriety will fade away like most other aging celebrities. She really needs to get off her high horse.

ohboy

This is her way of squeezing more money out of the show. She knew what she was doing by telling Ellen that.

dierdre

She is one homily OLD HAG....The time has come HONEY....go retire....NOBODY CARES>>>>>YOUR A NO-TALENT NOTHING>>>>>

charley

let the skanky bitch go...shes an untalented PUTA.......a woman phking someones child..never did like this bitch....been used by every penis in hollywood..now shes screwing some poor womans kid!

chucklehead

Honestly, i cannot think of one J-lo song, just a few boring movies.

Sunset Strip Dealer

Please go away you dumb ****. Somebody put this stupid puta on a plane with Drake and shoot it out of the sky.

Carl

Of course it is negotiation tactics. If she says "I'd do anything to come back next year" then the producers know they don't need to offer her a raise. By saying what she said she can leverage her position into more money.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments