'American Idol'

We Really, Really Want

Jennifer Lopez Back

5/16/2012 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0516_jennifer_lopez_american_idol_article
Jennifer Lopez isn't sure if she'll come back for a third season of "American Idol," but the big cheese on the show says he wants her back in the worst way.

"A.I." EP Nigel Lythgoe tells TMZ, "We want her back. I want her back." Nigel is reacting to Lopez' comment on "Ellen," saying, "I don't know if I can go for a third year. I miss doing other things. It really does lock you down."

Nigel says, "I know how much she loves doing the show and how much she cares for the kids."  That said, Nigel adds, "It's a business. She has to weigh everything. I know she's gotten lots of offers to do movies and other things."

Ever the optimist, Nigel says by saying she "doesn't know" if she'll come back, it's classic negotiations, which means the door is open. Welcome to Hollywood.

051612_jlo_ellen_launchv2

GreyWolf

Good. Bye bye and don't let the door hit you in your big ass on the way out!

nicole

She needs to spend more time with her kids. It's so sad and pathetic to have kids and then pass them off to a nanny.

GreyWolf

Good!! Bye bye and don't let the door hit ya in your big ass on the way out!

KATY

WHO CARES....JUST ANOTHER KRACKDASHIN...EVERYTHING ABOUT AI IS ABOUT HER WHEN IT SHOULD BE ABOUT THE CONTESTANTS...ITS MORE OF A STAGE FOR HER THAN THE CONTESTANTS

drew

The show is just too nice since Simon left. It's boring, each contestant was "great". Nobody ever says the person sucked and has no business doing what they are doing. And she's the worst of all three. I thought Mr. Tyler would be a hardass, but he's not. Hopefully Howard Stern does a better job on his show and sticks to his guns... for god's sake, let's get real....

stealth

replace her with MADONNA! she-version of SIMON COWELL!

StillAtMyMoms

Doesn't the Guinness Book of World Records have a award for Most Bitchiest Person? Because if they do, she would definitely break the record.

Maria

Oh I don't know if I will be back next year. I'm so busy, the kids are bigger, it does ie you down, (translation). Give me more money dammit.

steve50

my neighbor's ex-wife earned $21461 past week. she is making income on the computer and bought a $375100 house. All she did was get fortunate and make use of the guide laid out on this web site lazycash42.c()m

monique

paula used too say the same thing year after year after year... and what does the show keep her from anyway, babysitting her 10 year old boyfriend? she needs to sit him down and explain to him "mommy can't be withyou all the time, she has to work to keep you happy"

Linda Back

Get rid of Jennifer. The whole show is so contrived.

Hazel

She is not that good as judge, she is way to nice and that helps make the judges panel BORING! I say...good riddance

Sue

I knew it. As soon as Britney got more than her she will hold out until she is the highest paid judge...mark my words!

babe4g

Please sign the petition to bring GCB back! Thank you very much!

john

I do think America demands she returns to doing those blockbuster D class movies that she making before Idol

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments