Kim Kardashian

Skechers Got

My Ass in Order

5/16/2012 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0516_kim_kardashian_skechers_02
Kim Kardashian
doesn't care WHAT the Federal Trade Commission says ... she says Skechers worked for her, and THAT'S why she became the company's pitch person.

Kim made a 1-year deal with the company, which touted Shape-Ups as a shoe that promotes toning and weight loss. The FTC now says the claims are bogus ... that there's no proof the shoes do squat.

But Kim is telling friends and family ... when she signed the original deal, she was a habitual Shape-Ups user and it toned the back of her legs and her considerable ass.

Kim says she signed a 1-year deal that ended in January, but even before the expiration she started to hear about the new research which showed the shoe didn't work, so she stopped promoting it all together.

Even though she wasn't about to promote the shoes for other people to wear, Kim had conflicting feelings about using the product herself.

Kim says she wouldn't endorse the shoe now -- but she's not throwing her Shape-Ups out.  She still has them and might still wear them.

Hope springs eternal.

update_bar
11:00 AM PDT -- A rep for Skechers tells TMZ, the company stands by its toning claims despite agreeing to pay out $40 million in settlement costs. Under the settlement agreement, the rep says Skechers is still permitted to market  Shape-Ups as a toning shoe.

According to the rep, Skechers only agreed to settle because fighting every single lawsuit would've been really expensive.

the will

LMAO! That's a toned ass??? I'll have a serving of the un-toned ass please.

Tigerisbetterthanyou

Isn't it time this big drag queen reveals he has a penis??

happyday

What? These shoes don't work? Maybe that's why my behind's not looking so good. I put these shoes on a few months ago, and I've just been sitting here on my couch eating French fries and nachos waiting for them to work!

janet

Isn't Brooke Burke peddaling them now? So why is everyone picking on Kim when she hasn't promoted the product for some months now.

Deelight

almost every day when I wake I check TMZ... I really need to stop because my day gets off to a crappy start when the first thing I have to see is K-Trash.. =(

pat

Hey bimbo, plastic surgery made your ass. Didn't do a good job either.

Better to be thought of as a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

kronenburg

Shut up, you disease-riddled cow. If you think your ass is in shape, regardless of what shoes you're wearing, then you're not only ignorant, but blind, too.

the will

Holy crap! Imagine what her ass looked like before Skechers!!! DAMN!

kronenburg

Mrs. Jenner, don't you have more important things to do than post glowing comments on TMZ about that walking petri dish daughter of yours?

PPC

Caught in another lie, so she distanced herself away, just like her "marriage." Interesting that her PR staff contacted the agent of a NY Knick player, now with Denver, trying to hook them up, but he flat out refused - smart guy. Next week, she is across the Hudson "dating" Kris the Net. All of this is so fake, in fact, everything about her is fake. She is a fraud - go Kris!!!

Maverick

Are you kidding me? Take a look at Kim K Superstar's ass before and after using these useless shoes.

Her ass is fatter than ever. Makes Khloe Kardashian look petite and slim (and attractive) which says a lot.

the truth

why does this chick always take pictures with her mouth open? please tmz no more of the kardashian lies and stories!

Annie

....and not to mention her personal trainer,cellulite cream and on and on.I doubt that the shoes have much to do with anything.I am not knocking her figure but she will say anything for that almighty endorsement check.

just_sayin'

I would NEVER buy anything associated with this flabby ass skank!! Can the FTC do something to make her go away please!

2idiots

is her mouth EVER CLOSED?