Donna Summer

Music City Memorial

5/17/2012 9:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0517_donna_summer_getty
Donna Summer
's family has scheduled a memorial for the Disco Queen -- and TMZ has learned, it will take place next Wednesday in Nashville.

It is not a public memorial. The memorial will only be attended by close friends and family.

Donna and her family moved to Nashville in 1994 -- and sources tell TMZ, Donna's family chose the city specifically because it was her home and was always extremely close to her heart. Nashville's also a cultural epicenter in the music world, so it just makes sense.

TMZ broke the story ... Donna passed away today in Florida due to complications from lung cancer.

She was 63.

0517_donna_summer_footer

haskel420

R.I.P.

I Was About To Say

R.I.P.

Raejean

A damn shame. She was disco's queen.

Deelight

R.I.P Disco Angel...you will be missed but never forgotten!!!

Nano Jimenez

Bruce,Amanda,Brooklyn and Mimi this is a very sad day here in my country Chile and in my soul,she is with Jesus for sure.God bless to all of you The music will be here and there forever ! I was with her taking her hands and in a little conversation in my counrtry,a very important moment in my life .Donna I am crying I am sad ,however we must to celebrate your life and thank you for give us very good moments and music. Nano from Chile.

Butterfly

R:I:P:

Areader

Dear TMZ,

I just watched your TV show and was completely appalled at the bit you ran about Donna Summer!

"I feel love...and stiff"

"Buried in MaCarthur Park"

"Love to love you, St Peter"

"Cold Stuff"

"Heaven knows...Me"

"Last Dance...And this time I know it's for real"
(See what we did there?)

What the f*ck is wrong with you people, how disrespectful can you be?

I truly hope that there is a backlash from your sponsors and the Hollywood elite that you so desperately need to earn a paycheck!

ibbaby

Like the song said, if there's a rock and roll heaven then you know they've got one hell of a band! R.I.P. Thanks for the music.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

I wish I could be there. You got me through the 70's Donna and you will be missed. RIP

TigerLilly

RIP You will be greatly missed.

croc

she deserves much more than whitneys funeral.
she was not a druggie that drowned in her own mess. loved her music back when. and it just wasnt
a one song hit .. she did plenty of good songs.
sorry this happened.:(

Kelly

Sorry but I never forgave her for stabbing gays in the back. Also, she never asked for forgiveness so there you go. Now she knows there's no Heaven and the jokes on her. Too bad she she chose a zombie savior over the fans that actually put food her table. She could have been bigger than Madonna.

ivona poyntz

Great singer, way to young to go..

MrHarrybawls2010

Imagine the outpouring of grief when that guy who played Screech on Saved By The Bell dies?

sara