Van Halen

We're Just Burned Out

5/18/2012 12:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0518_eddie_alex_wolfgang_van_halen_getty
Even rockstars can get tired ... and TMZ has learned that's exactly why Van Halen decided to postpone 31 upcoming concert dates.

Sources close to the band tell us ... the guys felt like the current schedule was "too much, too fast" ... and they were "losing their focus."

One source tells us, "They're simply burned out" ... adding, "They want to make sure their concerts are not a routine ... they want every performance to be special."

We're told the guys want to take some time to "re-charge their engines" ... so they can rock all 31 cities the way Van Halen fans expect to be rocked.

As for rumors that Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth are feuding ... we're told "It's total B.S."

Delaware D

Who's Van Halen?

Christine

BS, some of those dates were barely announced last week. Why all of the sudden do you realize ...wow we can't do this. Bottom line Eddie Van Halen and Alex Van Halen are big ego manics and David Lee is probably stealing their thunder. Hang it up guys.

MrHarrybawls2010

Van Halen 78-84 was magical and "special". This current line-up "starring" Ed's morbidly obese son Wolfie is not. This is called a cash grab folks. Listen to their current single called "Tattoo". It will make you want to "Jump" off the nearest bridge.

TefnutUaRaet

I wish I had their money. I wish I could live as good and free as them. I wish I wasn't poor and didn't have to be concerned about paying my rent which is always to damn high. I wish I had enough money to keep up. ****, I'm so broke no matter how much I work and I've been working all of my life. I'm such a loser for being such a poor person. Tears tears and more tears. So unfair.

Abe

"Burned out" is a synonym for "we're too stoned to tour."
x

larry

After all these years you would think these guys could get it together, total fail

cjs

You know I read an Esqurie interview with Eddie, I'm worried about his health. Whatever they say lets just leave it at that.

Jen

Old as dirt and addicts is more like it....

KnuckleDragger

WTF happened to the good ol' days where you got your "recharge" back stage. Old rockers...sheesh!

david

i hope everything is cool...they got the right singer back...please keep it together guys

Buckaroobonzai

and that's why I never buy tickets to see them... It's always something with these guys.

Cherie

Burned out my arse! They could never get along and I'd bet my bottom dollar that's the case now!

Nvts

Three are old men and one obese kid...of course they are burned out!

brad

Folks, Dave, Eddie, and Alex are in their late 50s. They've been living pretty hard too because of all their partying. That puts some extra miles on your body. They are probably out of shape physically too. They're doing okay on this tour so far ... all things considered. The band wanted to give the ticket buyers their money's worth as best they can. Gotta respect that. I bet Dave's vocal cords aren't holding up very well either. It happens to most singers as they get older especially if they smoked and drank a lot. Dave is no different. Getting old sucks. I'd like to be age 22 forever but it ain't gonna happen. Maybe these medical researchers will find the "fountain of youth" in the next few decades. That would be nice. Anyway ... LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN !!! These guys are rock and roll legends. No doubt about it. New generations of people should be inspired by them and try to make music as good as they do if they are in a band.

Bu

Someone is back on the pipe!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments