Van Halen

We're Just Burned Out

5/18/2012 12:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0518_eddie_alex_wolfgang_van_halen_getty
Even rockstars can get tired ... and TMZ has learned that's exactly why Van Halen decided to postpone 31 upcoming concert dates.

Sources close to the band tell us ... the guys felt like the current schedule was "too much, too fast" ... and they were "losing their focus."

One source tells us, "They're simply burned out" ... adding, "They want to make sure their concerts are not a routine ... they want every performance to be special."

We're told the guys want to take some time to "re-charge their engines" ... so they can rock all 31 cities the way Van Halen fans expect to be rocked.

As for rumors that Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth are feuding ... we're told "It's total B.S."

Dawn Collins

From what i seen in Edmonton David Lee Roth was horrible dont blame Eddie for calling it quits as for the rumor that they were not getting along i believe it true cus the singer wasnt there. They then flooded the bottom floor of their hotel lol dont blame them for callin it quits

elbo dude

What a crock of S%$#T!! I want a refund even though my show has not been canceled. Yet.

Big Jim Slade

Eddie's cancer is back, he's done. So sad.

Carl

Get rid of Eddie's fat son and bring back Michael Anthony and then it will be the real Van Halen.

who dat

I'm pretty sure it was low ticket sales. As usual, TMZ is a puppet without doing the deeper investigation. TMZ the next MySpace.

shadough

I saw these guys in 08 and they put on a great concert, and my son enjoyed it as well. Bottom line they are just not young enough or have the energy that a tour requires. Growing old is Hell.

O_o

just burned out eh? r ya suuuure this has nothing to do w the fact that u're O.L.D. ??

MrHarrybawls2010

They just released the reason for cancelling: Ed Van Halen fell off his wallet, badly breaking both ankles.

keepinitrealincali

"Simply burned out" is the code phrase for what's really happening with this band -- They're all simply getting too old.

Areader

What were the ticket sales for those 31 dates???

Tom

Will someone flush this turd already.

I Was About To Say

Bunch of BS, they don't get along and never have, anyone who buys a ticket is a fool. It will be cancelled every time. No surprise.

I Was About To Say

the guys felt like the current schedule was "too much, too fast"....Translation: We're too old for this sh*t any more but we're almost broke now.

Missy

Eddie is an idiot who screwed Michael Anthony out of money & screwed fans- his backup vocals are van halen. No doubt it's the fighting and/ or EVH 's addiction issues.

RedwoodPerch

Looking at their tour schedule, I can understand why they're "BURNED OUT". Heck... If my working schedule was like theirs, I would be too. I mean... come on... working for 2 hours and having 2 days off until you have to work another 2 hours can be really overwhelming.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments