Rob Lowe

You're Gonna Dig

My Casey Anthony Movie

5/22/2012 6:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

052212_rob_lowe_launch
Rob Lowe is getting ready to re-try Casey Anthony ... in an upcoming movie about the infamous murder case ... and the actor tells TMZ he's VERY confident people are "gonna dig it."

Lowe was in Malibu yesterday when we asked about "Prosecuting Casey Anthony" -- a Lifetime flick in which Rob is set to play Jeff Ashton, the man who prosecuted Tot Mom for the alleged murder of her daughter Caylee Anthony.

Rob tells TMZ, "It's gonna be interesting ... I think people are gonna dig it ... great script."

Lowe says production starts Monday ... and he's hoping the project will air sometime in January .... roughly 4-and-a-half years after Caylee was murdered.

Shana

You spelled ANTHONY wrong in the story - its not Antony.

Shana

You spelled ANTHONY wrong in the story - its not Antony.

lanie

I think the movie is going to based on Jeff Ashton's book. No money is going to go to Casey..guaranteed. With that said, I have no interest in watching the movie.. I saw the ending play out on my TV and she disgusts me.

My only comment is ~ what's up with Rob Lowe partaking in all these true crime movies on Lifetime.. He also played Drew Peterson recently too.. I didn't watch that movie either because DrewPy disgusts me too and I already know the backstory with that creepazoid too... so what's the point?

james

Is this fool Lowe stupid enough to do something that will surely kill his (what's left) no talent career. How can anyone step this LOWE to glorify a child's killing. Boycott this piece crap and the movies too.

Throwback kid

We're gonna dig the movie? well I hope it will be alot better than his horrible Drew Peterson movie. Lowe had on silly makeup and his acting was about what you would expect for a lifetime movie, it's no wonder Lowe fizzled as a movie star. He couldn't do Peterson's accent at all. He went on all the talk shows that week acting like a smug wise guy and seemed like he had inside info on Peyton Manning retiring. Of course Lowe was wrong and his movie stunk, I wish this hasbeen would just go back to St Elmo's and leave everyone alone, he's done

Sandra

Can't stand this pathetic guy and would not watch this trash!!

Lovejac23

We can only hope the "movie" jurors will have some brains and convict this p.o.s!!! Karma..She'll get hers.

Fifty Shades of WTF

Love Rob Lowe, but won't watch this movie. Makes me sick that Anthony and/or anyone associated with her gets any mention, notice or time in the limelight ever again.

sweetbaby

Rob Lowe is hot hot hot...I'll watch anything he does! People should be happy that he is doing this movie. It is getting close to Swamp Mom's probation coming to an end and this will remind everyone what a heinous murdering bi*ch she is....She is the most hated person in the USA!

Amber

No thank you, I watched the "live" version, it was terrible and that stupid B**** it out there free while that innocent child is no longer with us!!! It's a shame!

Amber

It's just another day on the job for him... Another pay day... Sickening!

pimpc

To all you haters out there... She's gonna be found NOT GUILTY again!!! Get used to it!!

VNVgirl

All I know is Rob is sexy and I want to sleep with him. Casey is still around? Cool! She looks like she'd be friggin fun to party with no matter what happens!

cha cha

I hear that Jeff Ashton will make ALL the money, the movie is based on his book.

cha cha

That dirtbag with blood on his hands Jeff Ashton keeps this story going on and on and putting the murdering Casey in the spotlight. Next thing you know she will be making the rounds at all the news stations with her thoughts on the movie. You watch and next Fox will hire her as a consultant like they did with that hosebag Jose. Disgusting that this is still in our face over and over. A murderer walked free Jeff Ashton, go quietly away and knock it off already.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments