Elton John

Hospitalized Wednesday

5/24/2012 6:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0524_elton_john_01
Elton John has been hospitalized for a serious respiratory infection ... and it has temporarily derailed his concerts ... TMZ has learned.

Elton checked into Cedars-Sinai Hospital in L.A. at 6 AM Wednesday.  John underwent a battery of tests, after which the doctors recommended that he NOT perform for 7 days.  He was told he needed "complete rest and antibiotic treatment to prevent damage."

The singer had to cancel 4 concerts scheduled this weekend in Las Vegas.

Elton tells TMZ, "It feels strange not to be able to perform these 'Million Dollar Piano' concerts at the Colosseum ... I love performing the show and I will be thrilled when we return to the Colosseum in October to complete the 11 concerts."

Elton added, "All I can say to the fans is 'sorry I can't be with you."

It appears Elton has been released from the hospital.

0524_elton_john_performance_pictures_footer

CC

He should wash it before he sucks it....

DaveT

Get better dude, everybody love an Elton song...I remember when rock was you-uh-ng....me and Suzie had so much fu-uh-un.....holdin' hands and skimmin' stones..

maryann Conklin

Rest I hope you get better soon. Have always loved your music.

IceGypsy

Yikes! Listen to the docs, take some time off and take care of yourself, the fans will wait.

Samuel Houston

We had the sad death of Whitney Houston the greatest female artist of all time .. Then we had the Queen of Disco Donna Summer .. After we lost a member of the legendary Bee Gees Robbin Gibb now .. Elton John .. Damn it no longer is not too .. Wow .. Improvements al Elton John

Stormy

He must have gotten hold of a bad weenie!

mikole

In no way I mean this in a bad way. I love Elton John. I have wondered for many years if he is HIV+. I truly hope he is not. Has anyone else had this thought cross their mind?

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Elton John is so gay he now resembles an old lesbian.

Beach

Probably sucked down too much man juice again....

Cathy

what a shame that most of you are homophobic ignorant *******s....no respect for great talent. should you get ill, hopefully someone treats you just the same....smh....morons

Tweety

I saw him once in concert and he was GREAT! Get well man...Love your music......

Randall

um elton does not have hiv. you people best get your facts straight before you comment.

Joyce Miller

SOOO SORRY 2 hear this. Elton John is the MAN...I wish U well

Kat

Hope he feels better... but apparently he's going to make up the missed shows. http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/05/elton-john-hospitalized-forced-cancel-las-vegas-dates

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2