Propofol

Now Used to Kill People

... On Purpose

5/24/2012 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0524_mj_propofol_lethal
Dr. Conrad Murray may have been ahead of his time ... because the drug that killed Michael Jackson will now be used to put people to death in Missouri.

The Missouri Department of Corrections has announced it has opted to ditch the previous 3-drug cocktail method for lethal injections ... and replace it with one giant helping of Propofol.

Missouri would be the first state to use Propofol for the purpose of executing someone EVER.

So far, it's unclear when MO will begin using Propofol to kill people ... but there are 19 condemned men who could go on the chopping block in the very near future.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Celeb Gossip Addict

Well at least they will go to sleep really really fast.

OooooNooo!

Squirt 'em the juice, Bruce!

qtπ

Propofol is some good stuff. It knocks you out quickly, but you come to alert with no "hangover". I can see why MJ got hooked since he couldn't sleep.

Stiletto

With every 50 cases you order, you get a free clown nose...only used once.

Mary P

I use it when I have my spinal injections - I purposely try to fight going to sleep just so I can experience those precious few moments where I have absolutely no pain in my body before anesthesia. If I could buy it regularly, I'd probably be an addict.

Bridget

Ugh, I can't stand the death penalty. But atleast they are trying to find a more humane method...I guess.

Amy

Thank you Michael for your experiment. Can't we just return to firing squad? I'll gladly pay taxes to cover the bullets, blindfold and even cigarette.

Jay W.

Gee-O-teen... (Guillotine) you swine.

Bitogood

So I can rape two young women, rape and stab their mother to death, and attempt to kill the father. Then I can set the house on fire so the the young women die a horrible death. And my punishment is to go to sleep on a wonderful drug and escape the horror of prison life?
Only in Missouri

She's baaaack

Death penalty or life in a cage makes no difference to me. The death penalty isn't a deterrent in any way, shape, or form. I wonder though, why the bad guys end up getting the good stuff, why not just take them out back and shoot them?

jack-55d79

They're just phasing it out 2012., but IIRC China used to use propofool or similar anaesthetic on death row prisoners. So they could keep the organs intact. For transplants. Not pro death penalty myself.

James-Tannant

Cheaper, Quicker, & Less complacated.

@iAMTIMWILSON

Even in death 'The King Of Pop' is trend setting!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments