'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood

I Need Prison to

SAVE MY LIFE!

5/26/2012 9:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0526_amber_portwood_tmz
"Teen Mom" star Amber Portwood thinks prison is the only way to save her life from a brutal drug addiction, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Portwood admitted she can't control herself around the drug -- even buying it off the street during her court-ordered drug program.

We're told Amber believes prison is the only way to get clean because it will force her to kick the addiction cold turkey.

Portwood is currently locked up and a judge will decide her sentence in the next couple of weeks.

0117_teen_mom_mugshot_footer_v2

Swords Woman

Suboxone is a drug used to get addicts off of hardcore opiates such as heroin or Oxycodone who cannot kick the hard stuff. One who takes Suboxone does NOT get high when they take the medication. It covers the part of the brain that opiates do to keep one from getting sick and forcing that person to go back to doing dope. It has been a major success for me. I have not used opiates now for several years because of it and I have a full and very happy life. Get it together TMZ. Get your FACTS straight!!!! P.S. One who takes Suboxone does NOT show up on a regular drug screen either.

Dino the Dinosaur

Maybe she does need prison. Judge should send her and then pull her out in about a month and see how she feels. They do it all the time.

your mom

yes, you can get high off of Subuxone.
People do it everyday.

Bloomcounty.USA

That's what I thought ... she's saying she's weak and can't sort out the addiction issues, I'd also figure that by getting her butt into a jail cell she'll rid herself of the cameras that MTV has trailing her and that'd help too. She probably won't get 5 years even if she's sentenced that stiffly ... with good behavior and so forth she's probably looking at 2-3 years. The only reason anyone's squawking about it is because of the kids ... and it's not like she's done a bangup job of raising them being in and out of trouble like this. I think it's a little extreme, but hey if she knows herself well enough to admit she can't stay away from bad elements (i.e. friends, family that trigger bad choices) then more power to her. Hope she gets cleaned up, and that she gains something from it.

Bloomcounty.USA

Oh, and for those of you claiming you can't get "high" off suboxone ... you're wrong, it contains buprenorphine, an opiate drug, that is addictive. What these folks do is crush it up and snort it. Do a search on suboxone abuse, there's plenty of info out there. The thought is that the naloxone in the drug isn’t active when the drug is snorted ... remember addicts can be pretty resourceful.

gwen01

Suboxne is a subsitute for methadone. Nevertheless both are hell to withdrawal from. There is a drug on the market not legal in the States of course but it takes away the withdrawals. Ibogaine. No one needs to suffer and for Amber to be on this drug so she can stop opiates was a huge mistake. I was with a guy who just went thru ibogaine and he was on methadone. I spoke with his father yesterday and he said his son has not taking any drugs since he went thru the Ibogaine treatment. The kid was in rough shape and I was surprised as I really didn't think he would do well. I suggest people look up Ibogaworld and Ibogahelp on Youtube and see what this is about. Joe Rogan also interviewed his two friends I believe went thru the ceremony and were blown away with the insight the received thru Ibogaine. Big PHarma will fight this drug but it has changed the lives of many addicts.

Meanie

This loon needs to be tied down and sterilized.

mikole

I truly think this is for publicity. She could have stayed in her outpatient treatment program and slowly reduced the amount of Suboxone she was taking to the point where would hardly be on any at all and then stop. This method would result in minimal withdrawal symptoms, as opposed to going to jail and stopping the Suboxone cold turkey, and be miserable for several weeks. SHE WANTS TO REMAIN IN THE PUBLIC EYE IS MY CONCLUSION!!!!!

KnuckleDragger

I'll have to agree with Portwood. Sometimes you have to put yourself in a situation that leads to a better result, eventually. Drugs are hard to kick...I don't care who's plan says they're the way.

Gotta respect that.

KnuckleDragger

...and for those who tout the "chemical withdrawal" method, sometimes it's not about physical addiction...it's about lifestyle. I've seen several of my friends try and kick drugs...only to fall right back into it through association. This girl needs a life makeover.

ray

subby's primary use is for heroin withdrawal assistance. It is used also for it's pain reduction(analgesia) function... BUT what really makes this the STUPIDEST drug to take illegally,,,is that FACT that unlike methadone, you CANNOT get high, regardless of the amount you take. It is however a stone beach to get off of, a month or more of major weanage.

tgrfan42069

at least it seems like she gets it.unlike that idiot lohan girl

Tasos

"... Sources tell us, immediately following the reality TV star's incarceration, her last drug test came back positive for the opiate-based drug Suboxone ... a highly addictive drug similar to Morphine..."

Like hell "sources tell us." If sources actually told TMZ, TMZ would correctly report that Suboxone is a therapeutic drug, which is utilized to aid an addict's recovery by binding to opiates to render opiates ineffective, so whomever may ingest an opiate would not get high.

Portwood is not a sympathetic or endearing character, in part because of her past as a target of abuse, and her drug addiction ultimately exacerbate her issues and struggles.

duh

IF YOU EVER LIVE IN ANDERSON INDIANA.DRUGS ARE EASY TO GET. ITS HARD TO GET OFF OF THEM WHEN PEOPLE AROUND YOU DOES THEM. I GREW UP THERE AND HAVE FAMILY THERE. ITS NUTS UP THERE. I GIVE AMBER ALOT OF PROPS FOR WHAT SHE DID. SHE DID THIS TO GET HERSELF CLEAN TO BE A BETTER MOTHER TO HER DAUGHTER. CAN SAY HOW PROUD I AM. WITH EVERYONE DISSING HER BC OF ONCE MISTAKE SHE MADE OF HITTING GARY. ATLEAST ITS JUST ONE DRUG N NOTHING ELSE. CUT THE GIRL A BREAK. SHE A GOOD PERSON. N TV DOESNT SHOW EVERYTHING.

RIP

This person is not a celebrity jeesh. She's white trailer trash and my housekeeper drives at least a volvo compared to this crawl out from a fat rock troll. Why do you at tmz care about this skank who will be dead in 3 years, jeesh.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments