Amanda Bynes

Accused of ANOTHER

Hit-and-Run

5/27/2012 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0525_amanda_bynes_article
UPDATE -- Bynes took to her Twitter page Sunday night to deny the story, writing, "I cant help but laugh at all of you writing fake stories about me. I was not in any hit and runs. I don’t drink so the DUI is false."

0314_divider_graphic

Amanda Bynes slammed into a car on the 101 Freeway in the San Fernando Valley on April 10 ... then fled the scene -- according to the victim who told cops the troubled actress was the culprit.

The culprit was driving a 5 series BMW at the time of the accident. The victim gave chase, got off the freeway, but the culprit blew a red light, never to be seen again. The victim was able to write down the license plate number.  She only got a profile view of the woman driving the BMW.

CHP showed up, ran the plate and determined it was a rental vehicle. Officers told the victim the culprit was driving an Enterprise rental car. The victim then contacted Enterprise, who told her the person who had rented the car was Amanda Bynes.

The victim then showed up at a CHP substation and ID'd Amanda from a photo lineup. And get this ... the photo of Amanda was taken just 4 days earlier -- it was her mug shot from a DUI arrest.  Amanda was driving in West Hollywood on April 6 when she clipped a cop car and was immediately popped for DUI.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the case was referred to a filing officer at the L.A. City Attorney's Office who immediately rejected it because there was no independent witness fingering Amanda as the phantom driver.

Amanda was accused earlier this month of hitting a car in Hollywood and then fleeing the scene.  She told cops she did not feel the impact and was not ticketed.

Bubbles The Chimp

If she was Black or Hispanic, she would already be in prison in L.A..

Cheryl A.

Is someone going to have to die before this woman loses her license and is sent to prison?

Good riddance!

Duh Huuuuurrrrr!!!

Joao

Having read the comments--while pathetic- only less than 1% got the real story [that doesn't surprise me, this site is hardly trolled by the Harvard Review types]. This is as crazy as the Travon Martin murder... everyone slams Zimmerman, a nutcase---where the real culprit is the entire Florida "justice" system that attempted to blow the situation off. Must I connect the dots for you idiots. The victim had to do ALL the footwork, typically called an "investigation" by a real police department.Then the moment the LAPD discovered it was a celebrity [HALT] inconclusive. no eyewitness. A HONEST police department would have simply contacted the rental outfit and inquired if the car rented by the ALLEGED culprit was damaged and if so did it match the damage to the victim's car. But NOOooOOoOOooo. The world knows how dysfunctional, corrupt, brutal and what a joke the LAPD internal investigations are when they're busted... then add this to the litany of charges against it. Yet those fools who live there remain bewitched in complacency. They don't call it Lala Land for nothing. I don't live there, I don't care-but it just blows my mind.

rosebud

That's 2 hit and runs in a month, I wonder how many other times she has hit someone and we are not hearing about it. They should take her right to drive away before this crazy woman kills someone. Oh that's right she a pampered celebrity they can get away with anything including murder, So let her drink and drive all she want's.

Marvin

She had to get to that Chocolate D,,k Party. after all she was going to be the center PIECE.

Michaela

I would think that it'd be really easy to see if there's damage on the BMW and if it correlates to damage to the victim's car.

While I hate how sue happy many people are, but I think the victim would do Amanda Byrnes a favor, if she sued her - just to wake her up

jenn

not saying she did or did not do it but 2+2 does not =4 here. I doubt that if someone called enterprise rental asking who rented _______ car that enterprise would divulge that information to anyone but law enforcement. The story states the "victim" called. Sounds like someone looking for a quick payday

Wanda

They(cops-judges) can keep taking this lightly and not suspending this girl's divers license, until she kills someone... It's just a matter of time before someone is hit and killed by this girl....SMHS

ragu4u

She's making a hard run at the title of "tramp du jour". With a little luck and a lot more booze, drugs an bad advice, she should claim the title before long.

There's a problem here

Girl wants to get sh1.tfaced and ruin her liver. No problem there, it's her liver. My big question is WHY CAN'T SHE DRINK AT HOME? The floor is right there so when she can't stand up anymore all she has to do is fall over and the only one hurt is her.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

With the way we look at things these days, I have to say: How UNfortunate that no one was killed.....

Oh well, give it time.....

Carol

Amanda must have liked all the attention Brittney and Lindsey got and decided it was a good way to get on TMZ.

Sloane

scary that this may be the beginning of a tragedy
someone who loves here needs to step in before she becomes the next Lindsay Lohan
they need to take a page from " the Jamie Spears book of parenting" and save her from herself (if necessary, in the same way Jamie saved Britney from herself)

Heron

I'm not defending Amanda and I'm not saying she couldn't have done this but I'd like to point out one fact from this story. The VICTIM is saying that Enterprise told her who was driving the car. I HIGHLY doubt this is true. You can't call up a rental company and ask who was driving such and such car without being a member of the police force or having a warrant. My guess is the victim never called (or wasn't given information she wanted to hear) and was able to ID Amanda because she has a recognizable face. Then the cops followed up and found out it wasn't actual Amanda that rented the car.