Jordin Sparks

Whitney Houston's Family

LOVED My Billboard Song

6/1/2012 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

060112_jordan_sparks_launch_v2Jordin Sparks had the daunting task of singing the Whitney Houston classic "I Will Always Love You" at the Billboard Awards -- and she told us that she got two thumbs up on her performance from the people who really matter ... Whitney's family.

Sparks told our photog she got a chance to talk to Whitney's daughter, Bobbi Kristina, and sister-in-law, Pat Houston, after the tribute in Las Vegas on May 20. Sparks said it was the first time she met Bobbi and Pat, both of whom told Sparks her performance was epic

The former "American Idol" champ also says she's gotten great feedback on her duet with Whitney from the upcoming movie "Sparkle."

And best of all ... she gave our a photog a little XYZ moment as she walked away.

Jordan

They could have at least got a known singer to sing who is this sparks girl that nobody has herd of.

monique

whitney kept this pat person in check, before she died i never even heard of her, now every time daughter bobbi's name is mentioned this chicks name ain't far behind

Hervey....Hervey of Arabia...He was a single guy...

Like the pedophile/drug addict Michael Jackson a lot of people are going to try to capitalize monetarily from this drug addicts death. Just a bunch of sponges.

Bridget

Seriously, I don't think there is any room left on Whitney's coattails to grasp onto.

Dean

what did she say in the end I couldn't hear it .
I am surprised people dissing her . she seems in a good mood

Stophating

It was short, but I thought she sounded real nice. Can't wait for the movie, she really favor the real Sparkle Irene Cara.

I miss Michael and Whitney, two great legends and such sad tragic death that should not have happened. But that's life, that's showbiz! :(

RIP Michael Jackson and Whittney Houston.
We love you always...

SNS Post2

Visit snspost.com for more news and other Chicago-related information!

PatTheCat215

LOL @ the slobs you got holding cameras. I do the black the guy tho, not charles, the real black guy.

SusanCoyote

Who? Who is she? And why do I care what this douche says?

Cheryl

when are they gonna stop calling it Whitney's classic? It wasn't her song!!!!!!!!! Her son was the greatest love of all!!!!!! I will always love you is Dolly Partons Classic song... She wrote it, got awards for it, Perfomed it on a weekly tv show for a decade before she performe dit in a movie, She Gave permission for Whitney to perform it in a movie! She didn't give her permission to take credit for the song!

Jane

They should have ask Jessica Sanchez to sing it for them. Her voice is more angelic, smoother and can really deliver that the end of that song.

Truth

SHE'S GONNA BE BACK TO HER FAT AND FUGLY SELF ONCE AGAIN. UGH!!!

its a fact

I thought Jordin Sparks did an very good job.

Nicole

i really wanted to like that but it hurt my ears. sorry jordan but you are NOT that good a singer.

Amandia

Maravilhosa homenagem e muito bem cantada pelos seus fãs.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments