Matthew Fox

No Jail in DUI Case

6/1/2012 1:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0601-matthew_fox_tmz
"Lost" star Matthew Fox won't be locked up after his DUI arrest last month -- TMZ has learned, the actor struck a plea deal with prosecutors that will keep him out of jail.

TMZ broke the story ... Fox was pulled over in Bend, Oregon May 4th after police observed the actor swerving out of his lane. Cops decided Fox was intoxicated and placed him under arrest.

In exchange for no jail time, Fox pled no contest to one count of DUI.

As part of the deal, Fox's can't drink alcohol for one year and is required to complete a drug and alcohol treatment program.

If Fox complies with all the court's orders, the entire case will go away.

parlayer

he ain't special, throw his butt in jail!!

Bee

I hope he gets help...he seems like a 'tortured soul' much like his character in Lost.

Good luck Matthew!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Jackson

Stop punching ladies in the crotch!

perizz

Tammy

I'm rooting for him, BUT I think he' gonna **** up. Sorry, Matt, and I hope you prove me wrong.

ray

this "plea deal" is nothing special for first time offenders. but 85% of the time they do not work out.. it is safe to assume that if you are caught one time for DUI it IS NOT the first time you've driven drunk. They are serious drinkers and will/can not quit for a year. if they are subject to random piss tests eventually they will get caught AGAIN.

jackmama311

and he also has to push this button every 108mins for a year.

perizz

ray

COME ON GUYS!!! you can censor combinations of letters withen longer words,,,cir***stance,, why can't you put in a edit for web addys such as this that is posted in nearly EVERY comments section,
w.StrongRich.com

Flying Blind

"Fox's driving privileges have been revoked for one year, during which he also can't drink alcohol."

I understand the "driving privileges (not a year though) and the alcohol classes about drinking and driving)", but to tell someone they can't drink for a year on a first offense. When there's probably a 30-40% chance the Judge is an alcoholic.

And no I haven't been in a club for years or even had a drink of alcohol for years. Not a prude, just don't like the taste (or the hangovers) and happy to be that way. :-}_~

Glory Bee

I believe Dominic

Bridget

I hope he gets through all his legal obligations and whatever is going on in his life he can fix. He seems like a nice guy.

palermo

Stars and the rich always get preferential treatment, he should have been locked up

ju

another star that got away normal peopolke would be thrown in jail its not fair they all get off money shouldnt matter they could of killed someone throw his ass in the slammer like everyone else this makes me sick i had someone dear to me get killed by a drunk driver he got out and hit someone again driving drunk this pisses me off we all need to write so these people get more harsh sentances its just not fair

Peekaboo

He's an idiot and the media coverage is sad. Reading the story it paints him in good light with his "sacrifices" he is making. I live in Bend. He didn't even show up for trial. It was all lawyer work through plee bargains. He still hasn't shown for his mugshot because the jail camera mysteriously "broke" that night but fine for other mug shots later that night and following day. Sad world when money buys you freedom and root problems are paid to disappear.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments