Nicki Minaj to Hot 97

Count Me Out

Next Year Too

6/4/2012 2:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0604_nicki-minaj_GETTYNicki Minaj is still super pissed after an NYC radio station dissed her hit song "Starships" and has vowed to never perform for them again .... EVER, TMZ has learned.

The singer bailed on Hot 97's Summer Jam concert this weekend in NJ after a DJ blasted her hit song as "F***ing bulls**t." The public rip caused Lil Wayne -- who heads up her record label --  to pull her from the gig, disappointing thousands of fans.

Sources close to Minaj tell TMZ ... the singer stands by her boss's decision to axe her performance and when she heard the radio station wanted her to come back next year ... she said that would NEVER happen.

We're told Nicki feels the DJ's comments were completely disrespectful and doesn't want to work around negative people when there are countless others who actually WANT to hear her music.

The DJ -- Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg -- called in to TMZ Live today, claiming he has no beef with Nicki ... but still thinks "Starships" is "wack and corny."

0604_nicki_wiggin_out_footer

JC9014

Chances are...next year, nobody will care.

Truth

NO 1 CURR!!!!!!!!!! Psssst.... DJ IS SPOT ON. "WACK, CORNY, AND ON DRUGS." #TRUTH!!

TheMarshmallowMan

She is such a wannabe Gaga.I'm not a huge fan of gaga but at least Gaga has a decent voice and talent playing the piano.

Truth

NO 1 CURR X1000. #TRUTH!!

Please!!!

Lmao.Not to say, but the whole thing is funny..... Well these talentless pop stars should keep their mouths shut lol. So Drake wasn’t a ***** when he attacked Lil Kim LOL. Chile Sit. Drake only responds to females. YMCM is a joke.

Bridget

So the DJ is in trouble for stating the obvious?

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Who are the people making this talentless broad rich? Welfare money from our pockets to theirs to the rapper's gold. That's why we call it that. If the welfare checks were stopped those labels would all die off in weeks.

stlrockn

Good for that New York radio station for telling it like it is. That DJ's description of her music was right on the money. She's a complete wanker (look it up....UK readers will understand). She's a manufactured lame ass pop star. I guess the ability so sing and have any hint of talent doesn't count for much now days.
Good thing she is not coming back. Could she take Justin Beiber with her please? His time should be just about up too.
I may be older, but I got to see all the coolest bands.

vtajen

I hope everyone is seeing how these types of actions are slowly chipping away at our right to free speech. Didn't she have a contract? Shouldn't she still be obligated to carry out her job even if her feelings were hurt from what ONE guy said? Does he represent the ENTIRE radio station AND their fans? Really? Lil Wayne needs a good slap upside the head!! If I were the DJ I'd be talking MORE smack now! Good for him.

terrell m

all you people talking about she should have performed are idiots.. how would you like it if someone invited you to their house but right you got there called you names and told all your friends that what ever it is your passion was is just garbage.. would you still go??

Leader of the ignorant masses

"wack and corny." Was he talking about the song or her? Because it pretty much applies both ways.

Jorge

It took apparently 5 people to write that "Hit". I do have to say this is the best in lyrical talent I have ever heard.

"Now everybody let me hear you say ray ray ray
Now spend all your money cause today pay day
And if you're a G, you a G-G-G
My name is Onika, you can call me Nicki"

Come on Weezy - I know she is your employee an all, but someone had to call shena****ns on this one.

Trevis Miho

Well...that song IS wack and corny. If she doesn't know this than she's lying to herself - she knows damn well if she was an up-and-coming rapper from NY (like she used to be), she'd CLOWN songs like this...like the radio stations are doing now.

amazinglybored

Oh no, not Nicki Minaj... Everyone should be thanking that man.

Jamie

The Dj was being NICE. The song is bullsh*t but that scroundrel is more of a BULLSH*T than that song. She is talentless. If it wasn't for her deformed body, she would not have been known. I predict that this year is her last year to be known. It's just my opinion Nicki.