Amanda Bynes

Charged with DUI

6/5/2012 3:35 PM PDT UPDATED: 6/5/2012 4:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0605-amanda-bynes
Amanda Bynes has officially been charged with DUI after her arrest back in April -- when she sideswiped a cop car and allegedly attempted to flee the scene.

Bynes has been charged with one count of misdemeanor DUI -- and the D.A. has sought a sentencing enhancement because the actress refused to take either a breathalyzer or a blood test.

Bynes has not been charged with hit-and-run.

If convicted -- with the sentencing enhancement -- we're told Bynes faces a minimum of 48 hours in jail ... and a maximum of 6 months.

But because of jail overcrowding, it's unlikely Bynes will ever serve longer than a few hours.

update_bar
4:35 PM PT -- And now this ... Amanda just tweeted, "Hey @BarackObama... I don't drink. Please fire the cop who arrested me. I also don't hit and run. The end."

Trevis Miho

Yup - because that's exactly what Barack does, he bails drunk little chubby white girls out of jail after their night of clubbing.
Not to be like the hundreds of peeps who jump on here sarcastically like "Who? / Never heard of her, etc"...but, for real, who is this chick? I'm asumming maybe Mickey Mouse Club..some Nick Kids' girl...I'm stumped, and it's not important enough to google - she doesn't look like she'll be famous for a lifetime.

w

wow this girl is stupid, really Obama???, how much ya wanna bet he does get her off, he loves to kiss celebrity booty.

Jen

This is one delusional bitch.

Mike L

This bitch is out of her damn mind!!! And she tweets the president?? WTF? She's got major mental issues and needs to go to a mental hospital way worse then jail. LMMFAO!

nof

If she didn't do it ... she didn't do it.

-I, for one, believe her.

Hollywood's ongoing vendetta -

-Against Disney stars.

Carl

I always wondered why Seth MacFarlane broke up with her. Now it makes sense. That Tweet is the icing on the cake. She is officially the new Lindsay Lohan!

nof

This mug shot needs to be done over.

Does not do Amanda justice ...

Suggestion:

Hollywood stars get 12-15 takes ...

A lighting and make-up person -

A director with credits - an A-list photog.

Amanda's people?

Signing-off on anything released to the media.

Dawn

What a peice of work..... How many time will she be arrested and walk....NOT like us common folk!

Cricket

Doesn't drink? BS, I've seen multiple photos of her with drinks in her hand. What were they props? Don't attack the officer for doing his job. You should thank him for saving you from a vehicular manslaughter charge. AIRHEAD. Used to like her, I won't support anymore of her projects. Hope you lose all Amanda.

nof

Finally something you can't blame Octomom for.

nof

Asked my insurance agent for an Amanda Bynes- rider -

He said any idea how much something like that costs?!

theann

Well, at least you can expect her to actually serve her full time without getting out 12 times for no ****ing reason

Christine

I am sorry but if I was a celebrity, I would hire a driver to drive my drunk ass home.

JiLL1

Great, another Lindsay Lohan

supermom

Oh no " i don't drink" what a load of crap. OK you don't drink so then what are you smoking, snorting, swallowing, huffing or injecting?