Mel Gibson's Dad

Allegations of Elder Abuse

6/5/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0604_gibson_dad_2
Mel Gibson
's father -- who filed for divorce Monday -- believes his wife has been abusing him, and Mel has jumped to his dad's aid ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Mel and his family have been tending to 93-year-old Hutton Gibson, who is seriously ill with a panoply of ailments.  Hutton is taking a slew of medications for his conditions, but we're told his wife, Teddy Joye (who is in her 70's) believes her husband's family is prolonging his suffering and wants to discontinue all medicines to accelerate his death.  She also believes that's what Hutton wants.

We're told Mel has taken the lead to ensure his dad is getting his meds, and believes Joye is guilty of elder abuse by her conduct.  Sources say Mel wants Joye out of his dad's house -- stat.

As we first reported, Hutton personally filed for divorce and even signed the divorce docs in shaky handwriting.

0604_gibson_signature_sub_2
We're also told Joye is going to fight it out with Mel -- possibly in court.

The animosity between Mel's family and Joye is intense.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Awww... :(

MrHarrybawls2010

Mel Gibson. The name now conjures up images of Hate and Craziness. Based on this story about his father, the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. So far we have learned that Mad Mel hates blacks, mexicans, gays, women, children, the Sun, Moon, stars, sunsets.........

Butterfly

MEL GIBSON TALKING ABOUT ABUSE??? We heard his screaming tapes, didn't we???

waffles

That isn't such shaky handwriting. I know lots of healthy people who don't write that neatly.

awesomewave

But they look so happy.

hihat

This couldn't have happened to a nicer Holocaust denier...

IceGypsy

That's really sad. Does she not realize those drugs aren't there to prolong his life, but to make the rest of it bearable? My mom's in a seniors home now, and thankfully a good one. If I found out someone was pulling that crap on her, I would do more than file a few papers.

There's a problem here

PANOPLY. What a big word for the juveniles you have writing your copy. As much as I am impressed that those losers who write your headers know such a word. I think MYRIAD would have been better ... but that's just me.

YouDontSay

I wonder did Mel hire nursing staff to live on site to care for his dad before this happens. At that age and with the mental disconnect that happens it can be so hard and draining trying to decipher fact from ficton.
All I can truly say is...Good luck to all family members involved...This is going to be a hard one.

Jay W.

Some people are like the Energizer Bunny. They keep going... and going... and going...

TMZgossip

You already know that beater-boi is going to claim that Hutton is suffering from Shaken Daddy Syndrome at the hands of his wife.

Big Boy Pants

She wants to accelerate his death? And THINKS that's what he wants too? Hutton may be old and sick but from all I've heard he still has his mind about him. I think the ole boy can decide on his own if he wants to take his meds. Sounds like someone is eager for the moola...

2idiots

Hey Cuj, the flockers must be THRILLED now they have a NEW WOMAN to hate! I'm sure they'll twist this into some type of physical abuse case and will say Teddy Joye was denying GRAMPA GIBZ food and water and that she was beating him with his catheter tube.
Oh the TFH theories that will come from this may out do the ones from old OG/MG threads....I cant WAIT!!!
Sure seems like to Gibby Guys have the WORST luck with woman....The only one who hasn't been blamed for anything was Robyn but I'm sure that's coming. Let's see we have Teddy Joye with her "abusive ways" ..... we had OG w/ her (cough cough - snicker) "extortion plot" and her ties to "Russian Mafia" (chortle and snort)...what will they try to pin on Robyn....Al Queda? Taliban ties? Obama Supporter? Pro-Hillary Clinton?

2idiots

Gosh this sure makes Grandpa Gibby look like a REAL GOLD DIGGER. I bet he's looking for "Tiger Woods money".

c

So she actually thinks a court is going to allow her to murder her husband (she’s probably hoping he’ll die before the divorce goes through so she can get her hands on his assets)? What a psycho bitch. I’m sure the animosity is intense - I’d be pretty pissed at some woman trying to kill my father, too.