Winnie from 'Wonder Years'

Files for Divorce

6/6/2012 3:50 PM PDT UPDATED: 6/6/2012 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0606_danica_mckellar_winnie_wonder_years_divorce_article_mike_verta_2
Danica McKellar
-- who played the beautiful Winnie Cooper on "The Wonder Years" -- has filed for divorce, TMZ has learned.

Danica filed the docs in L.A. County Superior Court against her composer husband Mike Verta -- citing "irreconcilable differences." The couple has a one-year-old son.

Danica and Mike were married on March 22nd 2009 in San Diego, and their first dance was to a song Mike wrote. The couple separated just last week.

Danica wants joint physical and legal custody of the son.

According to Danica, there IS a pre-nup which covers all the couple's property.

update_bar
5:52 PM PT -- Danica tells TMZ, "I am saddened by the end of my marriage to Mike Verta. However, we are committed to raising our son together and we are focused on remaining the best parents we can be."

0606_split_stars_footer

Denver

Winnie is single! Go Kevin go!

Phreaky

If your relationship isnt strong, a baby will throw it in a tailspin every time.

DaveT

Kevin got married and had a kid while Winnie was away in Paris.
Wonder Years fans were sooo mad about it :D

niles

At least she didn't marry him for his looks.

Majestik

I feel bad for her. Keep it real for the sake of the babe. Starting to wonder if ANY Hollyweird marriage will ever last.

Kelly

She lost her looks.

Smarg

Looks like she got fat. She had an unusual beauty when she was young. Looks like it wore off.

Dawn

Last thing I saw her in was The Big Bang Theory...She will always be Winnie though!

James25

That sucks. Especially since they have a kid together. I met Danica at a book signing a couple of years ago. It was a joy to meet her in person.

Grouchy Marps

Great news, nostalgic nerds in your 40's. You now have a shot.

Yeah, right.

Rich

I personally know she is a great person. Things just didn't work out.

bellyman

First dance was his song and now they are splitting up? Yup there's a song for that. "What would you do if I sang out of tune,Would you stand up and walk out on me ..."

Cricket

That's a shame. His loss though. Not only is she beautiful, she's very intelligent. She has a PhD in Math and has a website where students can go for help with their studies, or at least she used to.

spokenword

She was probably too smart for him.

RICHARD ISAACS

I DON'R REMEMBER THOSE CHUBBY CHEEKS A FEW YEARS AGO.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments