Winnie from 'Wonder Years'

Files for Divorce

6/6/2012 3:50 PM PDT UPDATED: 6/6/2012 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0606_danica_mckellar_winnie_wonder_years_divorce_article_mike_verta_2
Danica McKellar
-- who played the beautiful Winnie Cooper on "The Wonder Years" -- has filed for divorce, TMZ has learned.

Danica filed the docs in L.A. County Superior Court against her composer husband Mike Verta -- citing "irreconcilable differences." The couple has a one-year-old son.

Danica and Mike were married on March 22nd 2009 in San Diego, and their first dance was to a song Mike wrote. The couple separated just last week.

Danica wants joint physical and legal custody of the son.

According to Danica, there IS a pre-nup which covers all the couple's property.

update_bar
5:52 PM PT -- Danica tells TMZ, "I am saddened by the end of my marriage to Mike Verta. However, we are committed to raising our son together and we are focused on remaining the best parents we can be."

0606_split_stars_footer

VictoriaGirl

THATS her husband? Damn is he ugly.

EM

Winnie! I'd so love to knock boots with you!!!

Straight Talkin Texan

I looked up her recent pics, and I think she looks pretty. However, she was more attractive when she was a child. I think one reason is because she had bangs. She would look better with bangs now because her forehead is on the large side.

Jen

So once she gives you a comment, you give her the respect of a decent picture huh...

American Patriot

The thing is....not to be sexist....but this chick is WAY smart and she probably stopped being a "good" wife to the guy. (if you know what i mean) lol.....lesson to be learned: women....put out and you'll have a happy marriage.

love america

thestupid

Im single. Damn it! Im going to ask her out for coffee sometime. She is CUTE! :)

GLaDOS

She's so hot. I'd let that girl crap on my chest and use my tongue as toilet paper.

Michael Murray

I had the privilege to be a background extra for several episodes of "Inspector Mom" when Ms. McKellar was working in Dallas. She is as classy and intelligent as she is charming and compassionate. She would chat with the extras between takes and made us feel appreciated and important. I hope everything works out for this lovely math-genius actress and her family. Good luck Danica!

LABodyguard

Mike is a friend of mine. They are both great people and this was sad news. Kind of caught some of us out of the blue.

Diana

who is she again ?? ...oh yeah winnie....she isn't that big of a deal is she to mention?

Diana

Sterling713

Damn...he must have been rich, or hung like a tree.

cjs

Seriously she of all people should have done the math on marriages.

Quinn

so 3 years and their differences are far beyond repair? Give me a break. Does ANYONE work in their marriages anymore? - It's not supposed to be a walk in the park all the time. Jeez, it's disgusting. Society just spiraling down the great toilet of life.

ragu4u

She was hotter when she was 10..........oops!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments