TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

'General Hospital' Star

Stuffed Animals Perish

in House Fire

6/10/2012 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0604_maurice_bernard_getty
Real-life tragedy struck the home of "General Hospital" star Maurice Benard Monday -- TMZ has learned, a tiny fire broke out in the actor's home ... and several innocent stuffed animals met their demise.

Law enforcement tells TMZ, the fire started in the bathroom at Maurice's Temecula, CA home around 10:30 AM after someone left a towel over a light fixture.

Firefighters rushed to the scene and successfully extinguished the conflagration -- but not everyone made it out alive. We're told a bunch of stuffed animals belonging to Maurice's 7-year-old son fell victim to smoke inhalation.

0605_maurice_benard_stuffed_victims
We're told there was so much smoke in the house, the stuffed animals are no longer safe to play with -- and have to be thrown out.

Thankfully, Maurice's son wasn't home at the time. We're told he's grief-stricken, but will be okay.

Around The Web