Phillip Phillips

Crooks Smash In

Pawn Shop, Steal Guns

6/12/2012 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0612_philip_philips_pawnstore
More bad news for "American Idol" champ Phillip Phillips -- his family's Georgia pawn shop was burglarized last night after someone used a backhoe to smash open the back door.

Sources connected to the investigation tell us ... the bad guy (or guys) took more than $4,000 worth of merchandise ... including hand guns, flat screen TVs, antique coins, necklaces, rings and the ENTIRE CASH REGISTER.

We're told the register only had $110 inside at the time.

Law enforcement believes the power and phone lines to the store were cut before the burglary and the backhoe (a piece of heavy machinery used in construction) was hotwired and stolen from a nearby job site.

0612_pawnshop_subasset
We're told roughly 25 cop cars responded to the scene to hunt for the perps -- but so far, no arrests have been made.

Phillip and his parents were not in Georgia during the heist -- the family is in California helping Phillip recover from a recent kidney surgery.

Jeanne Tutt

see this is what happens when TMZ finds out what you are up to and constantly post your doings or the fact that no one is in town due to a surgery etc. DUMBASSES! y'all should have upped the security before he even won! I'm surprised it took THIS long for something to happen!

Celebrities need to wise up. Don't tweet or post stuff on facebook saying you are out of town say on a cruise for a week or whatever because you are opening yourself up to what happened to this family. Wait until you are back to post pix from the vacation!

Woot

Hope there were security cameras around that caught the license plate on that POS these turds were driving. I have a rock-hard spot in my heart for thieves.

World Record

Yea, they filled the front bucket up with merchandise and drove thou the center of town, we haven't see the backhoe since, Albany police must be pretty stupid. They had a big red light flashing on top

Anya

LMAO !! Good one, Christy !!

Don Martin

An insurance covered burglary just in time for surgery? Beats Arson I guess....

xoLovelyyxo

hahaha that is awesome. they deserved to get robbed. to whoever robbed them.....THANK YOU. :]
but man, phillip sure is ugly. poor guy is gonna have a crappy career. :[

Queenie

I read somewhere that Phillip's dad was going to sell the pawn shop. If the family can't be there, probably best if they get rid of it. Sometimes there is a downside to fame.....

Mikey

I train chimpanzees to burglarize shops and strap cameras to there head to control them, but these ain't my chimps cause mine don't know how to drive a backhoe.

AS

Now that's sad....

niles

I'm tired of hearing about this person's constant problems.

kim

this is not funny. I hope they catch the crooks who did this. I wish the Phillips family well. People who work hard don't deserve this kind of thing.

lhaizza

And that's really a sad news.

H.K.

Tim

Kinda cool to see that the people leaving comments are as retarded as TMZ is, in general.
Guess I fall into that group now, too.
*KILLS SELF*